Decent bite on the Wabash in Huntington this morning!

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by BIGCATFISH64, May 2, 2009.

1. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Hey guys! What's up? Catfishcatcher an I took a trip to Huntington this morning and fished the Wabash river there, we grabbed some chubs and off we went. We put in at about 9:00 AM and I was worried it might have been a little late, but I was wrong we caught some pretty decent fish, we landed some eaters 1 1/2-2lbs. and some fish about 5-6lbs. a 10 and a 15lber both blues and of course the ones we missed some nippers and a couple really good runs were missed but you can't get em' all' 10 fish in all. We took pictures and I will put them in my albums a little later if you wanna take a look. Talk to you all later!:dribble:

2. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    good job man hitting the blues

3. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    nice report... thanks

4. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    gotta love the good bite!

5. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    No fishin on the Wabash here, we are sittin at 17' above flood and rising. The current is rippin, with alot of trash. :angry: We just came home from Rochester Michigan this evening, coming down I-69, the Wabash up there and Salimonie looked pretty bad too.

6. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Yeah, it probably would have been pretty bad where we were at if it was'nt for the dam at Roushe Res. in Huntington, even we were pretty amazed at the water level, we were sitting above the dam, below it I'm sure it was pretty rough.

7. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    Yeah it was fun. Wish we could have been there at first light, maybe next trip. It was good for both of us to catch 2 good fish and many others as well. Nothing like hearing that bait clicker haul butt and never stop. It was an awesome bite for those 2 bigger fish. I cant wait for out trip to the ohio river. Only about a month away!!!!!!:smile2:

8. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    nice report guys,keep on them!

9. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Hey Tim, you been out lately, and how close are you to Huntington?:eek:oooh:

10. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats on the trip!

11. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    i have yet to try the cats brother. yes i know i should be stoned for that. lol im in ft wayne area bud.