December Tournament on Lake Norman

Discussion in 'Carolina Catfish Club' started by WylieCat, Dec 4, 2007.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    A reminder of our final Carolina Catfish Club tournament of 2007. It will be held on Lake Norman Sunday December the 9th out of Little Creek Access Area and will start at 7:00am. Entry fee is $20.00 per person and you must be a CCC member. You can pay your membership dues and join at the tournament.

My official predictions:
    Winning Weight: 59 Pounds
    Big Fish: 22 Pounds

2. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    wish you guys luck on sunday,dont look like the Green machine is gonna be able to make it,both me and jeff have christmas parties to attend sunday afternoon:angry:,hope yall have a good bite and bring in some hawgs,we will be fired up for the new year,so yall be ready:wink:

My prediction
    62lbs total weight
    18lb big fish

3. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    DANG!!! We were looking forward to fishing against you guys again!!

The real question now is, "will LakeNormanBlues come out of retirement and cough up $20 and fish the tournament on his home waters and launching within eyesight of his house?"

4. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    I was wondering the same thing. Hope to see all you guys there Sunday morning...

Im guessing 47lbs total weight
    18lbs big fish

5. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    I am going to agree with Billfish 76. I think weights are gonna be down.

6. bowler man

bowler man New Member

State:
    nc
    well i am not sure i am going to make it or not, if i get a chance to get out to the lake and catch some bait i will be there but my schedule is so tight right now who knows. but good luck to those who do . i say the winning weight will be 57lb and big fish 32. good luck fellas and be safe. jeff

7. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    I pulled some nice heads yesterday and only got some bumps. While striper fishing the past two weeks I have caught some eating size fish on small trout. Someone will get lucky and get a nice flathead and that will throw the total weigh way off. With a nice flathead I will predict 40 pounds, without a biggie, I will go with 29 pounds. Mac

8. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    :crazy: Looks like some really nice temps in the upper 60's to possibly lower 70's on Sunday! Overnight lows will only be in the mid 40's!! :big_smile: Looks like we will at least have a comfortable day to fish!!

9. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Since the launch site for the Carolinas Catfish Club tourny is only 3 minutes away by boat for me, I have decided to join you fellows Sunday and make a donation to the WylieCat/mudkipp and Karl and Rob fund. I have invited billfish76 to be my partner if he so desires.

I will be rounding up my night crawlers, grass hoppers or crickets, buying a new bar of Ivory Soap, getting a new tin of Spam, package of hog dogs (marinated in garlic), Hardee's tater tots, stink baits, and a special bait to be announced on the tournament date. So, if I can round up all this bait, billfish76 and myself should make a decent showing at the scales.

Lookout Mark Martin here I come, just this one time. :cool2:

10. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    WOOOOOP!!

WOOOOOP!!

WOOOOOP!!

SOUND THE ALARMS!!!

I need to call the booking agents in Las Vegas so they can get the spread on the weigh-in changed!!!

Thats awesome to hear Mac! It will be fun to fish against you!! Its gonna make it interesting!!! :wink:

11. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    i will be thear with my new bate-x it catches hogs i predict 70lbs with 30lb big fish i have prefished two times this wk with some results look out for the fatman.:tounge_out::eek:oooh::wink:

12. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    DANG!!! :tounge_out:

First LakeNormanBlues come out, now Roundhill!!! Gonna be some fun times on Stormin Norman this weekend!!! :crazy:

Glad to hear you are making it Ron!!! :wink:

13. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    you fellows better look out ol' mr.cabelas there might show up with a good stringer. i hear tell it hes using some new cabelas signature series rods with the name ron howard on them. say they pretty good rods too.:wink:

14. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Michael? Catfishrus? Well? Are you comming to? :tounge_out: Its a big lake. Plenty of room for everyone.

How bout ol' Tomahawk? Whats the excuse this time? :smile2:

Some of us are heading to the NCCATS events on Tillery and Badin, so the least you boys could do is come over and fish a couple here!! :wink: Its a lot cheaper than the tournaments over there!!

Don't let Roundhill and LakeNormanBlues scare you off!!!

COME ON OUT!!!!

15. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    naw we having one here on badin saturday and i been focusing on that one. we practicing for the nccats big main events on both of these lakes for now. wouldnt mind fishing norman a time or two but heck i have to go to badin for bait and then to norman. so its about as easy for me to swing by chester and buy bait and then come to norman.:smile2: of coarse it might be easier if i seen that pic of the 74lber from norman. fishing has picked up on the yadkin chain in the last month so with a little luck you fellows might see a surprize at the weigh in for a big blue fish. well good luck to you fellows and look out for the centerfold model "mr. cabelas".:wink:

Attached Files:

16. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Catfishrus, I order some rods with my nickname on them and when I received them, I found out that they had made a mistake with the printing. I wanted UGLY printed on them, and when I picked them up, I became upset because they had printed Ugly Stick on all the rods. Can you beat that!:smile2:

17. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Hey Wyilecat I would be lost fishing for cats on Norman. I've never really fished the lake for cats too much. Mostly for stripers. I haven't fished Norman in the past 7 years. A long time.

18. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    thats a good one mac.:smile2: tomahawk can be beat on badin too.:smile2: i dont know whats up with a man catching a 75lber and then wont fish a tour the following saturday. never mind the little 63 the week before. you see i told him last week to put them striper rods down and because something was about to happen because i had a gut feeling and now look at him. walking around all sore armed and taking a day off work to recover. i dont know what to think about all that. he might need therapy or something.:smile2:

19. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Went scouting this afternoon for some stripers for a guide trip I have Friday AM and the first pull down I got was by a high teen blue. Second was a striper and the third was a cat that I could not get off the bottom with my 12 pound test striper line. The rest of the fish were typical LKN stripers. As the actor in the series The Real McCoys would say some time during the program "not brag, just fact". Now I'm all excited about Sunday, with Roundtree prefishing for two days this week and catching some hogs and my action this afternoon. But, lets not forget, Sunday is two plus day away and anything can happen between now and then.

20. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Today, I was out scouting for several striper fishermen for a tournament that are having today and one tormorrow. I called one on my cell phone at 7:30 AM to tell him that I was on fish and had caught a 23 and 24" striper (tournament size) and he informed me that WylieCat was close by pre-fishing for our Club Tournament tomorrow. You need to watch that boy all the way. Right away, I called WylieCat on my cell and he said yes, he was pre-fishing and only catching small ones, then he informed me that he had invited my partner in the tournament tomorrow and his wife over for dinner tonight. Bet he wants my partner to tell him our game plan. :angry:To make matters worst, he wanted one of my fresh stripers for the outing Sunday, man does he have a nerve. But have no fear, I like roundhill have my secert baits and can hardly wait for the blast off at 7 AM Sunday.

PS, I am missing the key for my tin of Spam and might have a hard time getting one of my secert baits open. Grasshoppers are doing good in the garage and my marinated chicken livers are smelling to the high heavens.