December Catfish

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Ryan11r, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Ryan11r

Ryan11r New Member

State:
    Newton Kansas
    Is it me or do fresh caught catfish taste better in December? Maybe I just missed eating them fresh more then I remember. Went to the lake yesterday with some two month old chicken livers and cuaght two nice eater size cats both just over two pounds and I didnt know I had either of them untill I brought my hooks in to move spots. No fight what so ever and one of them just came in with the bait in his mouth. When I lifted the fish out the water he fell off the hook. He was moving slow enough I reached in and grab him before he swam off. It was a good trip for me. Slow but still had a great time. Two fish in four hours in a spot the brings in a limit in four hours in June. But aleast i know i can still catch them in the winter.

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    No, You are right!!! In the winter months or cooler months catfish and others will be alot firmer than in the warmer months. That makes the flavor better to me as well.

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I know fish that I catch ice fishing always taste better. I figure pulling them out of icy water, setting on ice to time to quit fishing, keeping them in a cooler with ice till I get home and clean them they stay very fresh unlike summer caught fish that are exposed to warm conditions.

4. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    I have found that your best eatting cats will be dec to march that when I have start putting them up for the summer months.

5. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ryan, feel good in knowing it ain't just you...:big_smile:

~~~~~~~~~~
    Life is like a simile.

6. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    I find that they tast better because they car harder to catch :big_smile:!