December 7, 1941

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by olefin, Dec 7, 2006.

1. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Just wanted to remind everyone what happen on todays date 1941.

Here is some excellent quality black/white Pearl Harbor pictures that were sent to me back some months ago. Click on thumbnail for larger size.

2. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Thank you for posting Dayton. I can't really say that I ENJOYED seeing those particular pictures, but it is certainly "a date which will live in infamy" --- and one that we should never forget. I often heard my grandmother tell the story of that day. When my grandad heard that the Japanese had attacked, he fell slap backwards in the straight-backed chair he was sitting in, all the way to the floor. We should all take a moment to remember our brave servicemen who died on that day.

3. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    It amazes me how soon people forget about this day, although the flags were at half mast today on post theres no posters signs or anything arouund signifying what an important day this was. Thank you for reminding everyone.

4. CAT ADDICT

CAT ADDICT New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Incredible pics. Thanks for sharing!

5. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    I was stationed at schofield for three years and got a chance to visit the Arizona Memorial. I got a chance to see the two names of the men that my great aunt was dating. She used to tell me how she would have a date with both of them in the same evening at different times and how one time she almost got caught. Sad but funny at the same time. I dont remember they're names off the top of my head, but one was a LTjg and the other a LTCDR. Big difference in those ranks.

6. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    Thank you Dayton!!

May God bless all of the souls lost that terrible day... and every soul lost for the Defense of Our Great and free Nation.

Our country's freedom was not free. There was a GREAT price for that freedom that we should never forget!!!

Land of the FREE...because of the BRAVE !!!

God Bless them ALL !!!

7. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    2 dates we should never forget are December 7, 1941 and September 11, 2001!

No disrespect meant to those who died at Pearl Harbor, but it would be wise to remember that more people died in the attacks on the Twin Towers than in the attacks on Pearl Harbor.

Eric

8. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Great posts.Thanks for sharing.

9. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    Tose are good quality pictures thank you so much for sharing.