December 31st Fishing Report

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by rspd507, Dec 31, 2007.

1. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Walt Vinson (Enfausen) and I hit the Ohio River today at about 11:00 We launched at one of our local ramps and attempted to catch some fresh shad. After being unsuccessful at catching shad, we decided to go with our backup bait, some frozen skips I brought along. We decided to start the day in a little deeper water today with us anchoring up in about 45 feet of water in an outside bend. I had three rods out when I noticed I was getting a lite tap on my outside rod. I picked the rod up, felt the fish load it up when I crossed his eyes on the hook set. It felt like a nice fish, but wasnt sure due to the steady current. After a very nice tug of war session, Walt netted me a very nice blue, I'm guessing it around the 25 pound mark since I forgot my weigh scales. Then it was like someone flipped off the switch, nothing but lite taps at this spot for about 45 minutes before we decided to move. The next spot was an eddie around 40 feet deep that like the last spot produced lite bites but no takers. We moved up river to a shallow flat about 20 to 25 feet deep. We were not there long before I had a fish flat bury my outside rod in the holder. There was so much pressure on the rod, I struggled to get it out of the holder. On the hook set I knew this was good one. After a good several minutes of fighting this fish, Walt netted my biggest fish of the day, a nice blue that weighed in on our clubs scales at 31.50 Pounds. Not long after, Walt had a rod go down, landing a nice blue. Walt finished the day catching another blue around the 5 pound mark. All fish were CPR'ed, with the day producing quality not quantity. Here are some pictures for your enjoyment. rspd507

P.S. Walt, at least you didnt get skunked, maybe your slump is over!!

Attached Files:

2. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Here are some more pictures of tadays catch.

Attached Files:

3. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Very nice Blues, it seems like everyone is getting a change to go fishing but me. :big_smile:

4. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    you keep showing pics like that im gona have to come fish your end of the river.... i havent caught a nice blue since the first of the month..... i hate channel cats and thats all i have put in the boat in the last month!!!

5. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Looks like you guys had a decent time! Congrats on your fish and thanks for sharing the pics!

6. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    you and steve not catching any fish either? damn i dont feel so bad.

7. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i just keep getting into the channel cats about every trip out...

8. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Nice fish, & great pictures.Thanks for sharing them with us!

9. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Way to go, Ross - looks like you've been getting into some nice fish lately :big_smile: