December 26th, fishing report

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by rspd507, Dec 26, 2007.

1. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    December 26th, 2007, Walt Vinson (Enfausen) and I hit the Ohio River for a bit of catting. We arrived at one of our local ramps at about 12:30 P.M. We then started to try to catch some fresh shad to go along with the frozen skips that I brought along. First throw of the net landed several small to medium size shad. Second throw I got a snag almost destroying my new net. A couple throws in the main channel of the creek landed a couple shad about 4 to 6 inches long. We then headed to our first spot which was a nice eddie at the mouth of a nearby creek. At about 1:15 P.M. we started baiting up with me having two rods out. I turned the bait clickers on beacuse I had to get a couple other things situated when my inside rods clicker started hammering out line fast. Immediately on the set, I knew I had a good fish. This was the biggest fish of the day, a 23 Pound Blue. About a half hour or so later, my clicker started zinging line out again with a nice channel that weighed 9 Pounds. Walt hooked a couple of nice fish, having them throw the hook before getting to the boat. As The day progressed, the bite seemed to get worse, we had several lite bites at couple other spots with nothing commiting. We fished a total of about 4 hours before calling it a day.Below are a couple pictures of todays catch for your enjoyment. rspd507

Attached Files:

2. tomflatcat

tomflatcat New Member

State:
    Hampstead, NC
    Nice blue. I sure would like to catch one like that this winter.

3. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    good job , looks like you had a great day. rained here all day. maybe this weekend il get a chance to get out.

4. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Not too bad for 4 hours, Ross! That's a nice blue.

5. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    nice fish i wish i could have got out and fished for a few today.:sad2:

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Ross - Great report and nice photo! :cool2: Thanks for sharing! :big_smile:

7. enfausen

enfausen New Member

State:
    Indiana (Rising Sun)
    So where is the pic of the channel Ross?

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Thanx for the ride. LOL!

9. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Very nice Blue Catfish, Ross.

10. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Walt,
    I screwed up when I was posting the pictures and by the time I had it fixed, my five minute editing time was up. rspd507

11. LandsCats

LandsCats New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    Better then anything I can land now. Congrats on a very nice cat

12. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    hey Ross nice blue better than we did fished most of the day wed. caught a 6# channel & a 10# perch & only had 1 other bite not so good:sad2::0a20: