December 22nd, fishing report

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by rspd507, Dec 22, 2007.

1. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Walt Vinson (Enfausen) and I hit the Ohio River today for a bit of fishing and relaxation. We met at our local ramp at around noon and started trying to catch some shad. After about an hour or so with no success, we decided to go ahead and fish with some frozen skips that I brought along. The first spot we were in was about 30 feet of water on the upper side of a barge blow out in a outside bend. We were not there long when I had a rod go down landing a nice blue around 8 pounds or so. A few minutes later, Walt landed a channel around 5 pounds. The bite slowed when we decided to move. The next spot was the upper side of a creek mouth with a nice current break with a nice eddie forming near the mouth of the creek. I managed to land a couple small channels and a blue at this spot. Walt was getting several tap taps but was having trouble hooking up. We then moved up river to the upper side of a nice hole that has produced some nice fish in the past. I had got two rods out when I noticed a lite tap on my outside rod. I briefly looked away, looked back and that rod was doubled over, producing a nice 10 pound blue. After a couple more smaller ones were caught, we were talking about calling it a day when I had a rod go down hard. After a short but decent fight, I landed the biggest fish of the day, a nice 11 pound blue. All in all, it was a good day with 9 fish being brought to the boat.
    rspd507

2. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Here are the pictures that should have been with the above post. The two biggest of the day. rspd507

Attached Files:

3. john103

john103 New Member

State:
    illinois
    Those are awesome looking cats. They prob. put up a heck of a fight?

4. jamesfish

jamesfish New Member

State:
    indiana
    thanks for the pics those are some nice ones .glad to see some one hooking something .