Dec. 6th Cincinnati Gathering Update

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by tbull, Nov 3, 2008.

1. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hey guys, the date is only a month out, that being said I wanted to go ahead and make the call to determine where we will meet. I am going to set it for the New Richmond ramp along route 52. For one its only about a 20 minute boat ride in either direction to fish the Dam or the downtown area. There are larger ramps closer to downtown, only problem is they like to close for no apparent reason, and if the river is up by then, which we hope it is, New Richmond is always the sure thing because it is always open. Augusta Street Public boat Launch is the name of the ramp, you can also use this site: http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/website/watercraft/watercraftfacilities2/viewer.htm

It will make it easier for those who need directions, Due to the lack of daylight now with the time change, I wanted to meet at the ramp at 6am, if that is to early let me know, if it needs to be pushed back to 7am let me know, or earlier let me know...lol I will be there early anyway. I was thinking of a 4pm cut off time, just to give everyone a chance to chew the fat and talk about the days catches before we are in the dark. If you want to bring livewells to show off your catches at the end of the day then so be it also.

So there you go guys, Dec. 6th, 6am to 4pm, New Richmond Ohio boat ramp. Again keep the PM's coming if you have a rig and an extra seat. Hope to get to meet alot of BOC members there, should be a good time. If there is any extreme weather by then we will have to adjust accordingly, I dont see any major changes though between now and then.

2. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Just an add on, I made the choice for New Richmond just because of the guess work of what the river will be doing in 4 weeks. If anyone knows of another ramp that will be open come He#@ or High water let me know, I am flexable on this.

3. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    hey travis, did you say you would have fresh skips for me :wink::smile2:

4. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Man I dont even have a single skip, gonna try and make a trip this weekend.

5. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    hey Travis, did you say you where bringing beer and brats:wink:

6. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I guess i will put in to get off work. The earlier the better with me. Hopefully some others will be able to make it.

7. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I hear ya Josh, we got to get your boat runnin man. We got 4 weeks! The blue beast is the lucky boat....:smile2:

8. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I know it man this sucks.:angry: Maybe if i get it fixed it will rain:roll_eyes::tounge_out::confused2:

9. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Man I just bring my awesome personality and that should be enough for everyone...LMAO:eek:oooh::eek:oooh::smile2::smile2::smile2:

10. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    You know it...lol, seriously if you wanna tackle that thing let me know I will make time to help..:cool2:

11. Capt.mike jr

Capt.mike jr New Member

State:
    ohio
    HELP where is the new richmond ramp located at i tried to find it on the map butt i guess im stuppid

12. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    Id bring the beer and brats to bud, your personality has been just enough to scare all the fish away every time we fish together!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2: By the way how was work today? My day was great!

13. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    To get to the ramp for New Richmond, take rt 52 east towards new richmond, once you get into new richmond, you will eventually see a speedway gas station on your left at a light, you will take a right at the light. Follow road towards the river, it will dead end into a stop sign that you have to turn left or right, turn LEFT. Follow the road, it will take you straight to the ramp.

14. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Its really sad, sometimes guys like Robin have to take an entire winter off work, just to catch one fish. Thank god I catch them fairly regularly, I only have to fish once a week to do it. Poor guy, lets all root him on! Come on little buddy, you can do it!:eek:oooh::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

15. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    Das right, I get it done!!!! hell or low water. HEHE

16. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    you guys are to much...LMAO....im fishin the next pool over:wink::smile2:

17. Monsterkat11

Monsterkat11 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    hopefully the river is up, then i can test if the flatbottom does well in it, and if i sink it, i'll just have one of you guys come pick me up!

18. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Just surround the boat with those arm thingys the kids use, 40 should do the trick to keep you afloat....lol:smile2:

19. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    hey travis,how you doin....how about a lil fish fry on the 6th i got some perch and walleye for about 12 people:wink:

20. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Sounds good to me!!!