Dec 4 Potomac River Report

Discussion in 'MARYLAND RIVER TALK' started by Billy Tucker, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Billy Tucker

Billy Tucker New Member

State:
    Manasszs Va
    Got about 12 big gizzards near the ramp at pohick in about 20 min of cast netting. Headed up to Ft Washington and set uo in 50 to 55'. Got 8 between 24 and 36 lbs in the 3 hours we fished between noon and 3 pm. Pretty day and very little traffic.

2. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Thats GREAT Hawkeye ! The lakes are frozen over here in southwest Iowa and the Missouri River has Ice flows running down it. I'm sure glad you are still able to get out and fish. J.D.

3. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    That one good thing about the potomac you can fish it most all year long. Good fish hope to hit it thursday and see what up then

4. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Nice day, but just how cold was it on the water?

5. Billy Tucker

Billy Tucker New Member

State:
    Manasszs Va
    Just one thin set of long jons and heavy shirt. Only wore the jacket on the way in. My boat has curtians on 3 sides and 6'6 clearence so it breaks a lot of wind. Very comfortable to fish in cold weather compaired to other boats I have owned. There was no wind to speak of that day.

Attached Files:

6. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    I see, that is a nice set up. Winter has arrived for now.

7. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    Nice boat... Looks like you'll be set for the winter when your out fishing :) don't have to really worry about wind at all or spray off the water...

8. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Hey Guys I'm heading down to fort washonton now to see if I can get in some fishing with the President of the PA chapter of acats. Its not going to be easy but will be fun will post later.

HA HA HA ya I'm a nut go ahead and say it they said the winf chill was only 9 so thats not all that bad :roll_eyes: :sad2:

9. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Good luck Tim Hope you get into some. And stay warm cause it is down right freezing here in Jersey

10. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Man is was a little cold around 24 when we started out and the wind stayed all day. What up with the water i have never saw it that low. the Mud flats was out of water above and below the bridge at high tide. Guys if your running the river now watch it i saw thing out of the water that i have never saw before.
    The place I fished today most of the time has 30 feet of water today it had 24 feet. But we did catch around 30 blues biggest was 21lbs. Mike miller is the President of the PA chapter of acats he will make a post and some pic's here soon. Was nice talking with them and getting them ready to start they chapter.

11. special liberty

special liberty New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Glad you got on some fish - I was going to head out Sunday, but if the water is that low combined with my inexperience on the river - I think I'll stay home.

12. Anythinggoes

Anythinggoes New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Hey Tim,
    I think it due to a combo of things. We haven't had a lot of rain. That combined with the moon being close to full and the fact that wind can push water out of a creek or river probably added to an already low tide. Glad yoy still caught'em

Mike