Dec. 1st-Big Pee Dee River - 14 pound blue catfish

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by rivercatsc, Dec 1, 2008.

1. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Went fishing with a couple of buddies from work for crappie on jordan lake. There were some reports of some big crappie being caught trolling. I told them the only way I would go is if I could bring a few ctfish rods.:big_smile: Well after 3 hours and not even a bite I said lets go try the cats. I had brought 4 rods and a dozen live eels. We set up in the 1st spot about 12oclock and in 30sec we had a 14lb blue in the boat. We fished until 5 and caught 9 total from 14lbs-3lbs all blues caught on live and cut eel. The water temp was 51deg and the wind was blowing 20+mph.:smile2: The 2 guys were happy and said they never though catfishing was so fun. I reckon I have converted a few more.:wink: I thought I would post this little tidbit of info for the ones fishing the tournament this weekend.:wink:

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Your group is gonna be tough to deal with Saturday, James! :wink:
    BB in SC

3. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Thats a great catch.:wink: Thanks for the report. I agree, they may be thinking about cat-fishing rigth now. Good job.:big_smile:

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Thanks for the report, James. I hope it helps me on Saturday. :wink:

5. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    Thanks man. Still can't get over my snake / eel fears but hey those baits seems to work well for you.
    Jonathan

6. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Thanks for the report James.

7. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Great job, James. Looks like you may be in the midst of converting a couple of guys over to the "real" fish. Just ask them if they're tired of catching baitfish!

Good luck in the tournament this Saturday.:cool2:

BTW, you still coming to GA with us this April? :wink:

8. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    BTW, you still coming to GA with us this April? :wink:[/quote]

Yes me amd Roundhill are already paid-up in a trailer site. We will be there that thursday night sometime.

9. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Cool. I'll be there with bigcatman and pop pop. Still not sure if anybody else is coming though.

10. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Just pretend they are skinny bream:smile2: Once you convince yourself to get one on a hook and see how those blues slam them your fears will be a thing of the past:wink: