Death Of A President!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Believer, Sep 2, 2006.

What is your opinion about this movie?

1. He should be assassinated.

2. I believe those who make such movies should be arrested for conspiracy

3. It's just a movie, who cares?

4. I think it's going too far.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    There is a made for TV movie coming out that portrays President Bush being assassinated. What is wrong with people?! This is the second time something like this has happened. A while back there was a book about how to assassinate Bush.

I know there have been lots of movies about "fictional" presidents being assassinated and that's no big deal, but when you start making movies about a sitting president being assassinated that it going way too far!
    As much as I dislike Clinton I would still be upset if a movie like that had been made about him.

2. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    In my opionon it should be illegal for that to have been made

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I agree, what is wrong with people. I heard about this on the radio this morning and they were saying the same thing. I think they said it was like the Lincoln assination, but I may have that part wrong.

4. carpet1

carpet1 New Member

State:
    Ash Flat,Arkansas
    Whats badis some nut will try to act the movie out

5. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Isnt that like making a threat against the president which is a criminal act

6. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I would think so.

7. BamaCats Lady

BamaCats Lady New Member

State:
    Luverne, Alabama
    Some things are just wrong & this is one of them. Making a movie like this is just doing it for a $$$$ & some idiot (or more than one) is most like going to try & replay it in real life.
    Lisa (NOT a fan of Bush)

8. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I agree that it is pretty disrespectful for someone to make a movie portraying an actual person's death (ANY PERSON)...however, this is part of our way of life as Americans. Citizens have the freedom to speak out against our leaders. Does that make it right? No. But neither does the fact that it is legal to burn "Old Faithful" make it right to do so. When people do it though, it reminds me of why I do my job as a Marine. Protecting people's basic freedoms and preserving our way of life because there are more "goods" than "bads". If someone was arrested or worse for making a movie like this, then we would be no better than Iraq before Sadaam was ousted.

9. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I respect what you're saying and there is some truth in it, but there is really no difference between this movie and just outright making a threat against the President which as has already been stated is illegal.

10. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Theres too dam much freedom in this country with no responsability or ramifications for your actions!

Like Kruschev said many many years ago. Democracy will destroy this country from with in. And we are on our way!

11. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I think the main word here is MOVIE It's a movie, not real

12. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    I was floored and rendered speechless when I heard this, at first I didnt know that it was a movie, I just overheard it and my husband explained. I didnt know something like this could be done. Its cruel and derogative.
    He not is our countries leader, hes a Dad, a husband and son, how can someone not understand that.
    This is garbage and should be treated as such!

13. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    and that broke back thing was just a movie too! Like I said, IT AINT ENTERTAINMENT!

14. oldprowler

oldprowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma

Absolutely correct. The quest for the almighty dollar and the knowledge that they can always cop out woth the excuse "It ain't my fault" leads to movies such as this. Yet on the other hand the poor guy that manufactures bows, arrows, guns, hammers, ect. is constantly being sued because some nut killed someone. It just ain't right.

15. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Ya know if the press would not have made such a big deal (free PR) about the movie most people would not of ever heard about it.
    Bill

16. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    And your point is? Would lack of exposure make this any less heinous?

17. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Well, the good news is the producer of this film is NOT American.
    He is British from what I understand.

Just another scumbag without the patience or talent to become a household name in his career through hard work and dedication.
    This is an attempt at a short cut to fame and fortune.
    He'll crash and burn.:big_smile:

18. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    fortunalty there is free-speech in this country, i dont agree with the making of that movie, and they definatly shouldnt have named the movie with an actual president in it, now if it was like a west wing (purley fictonal) it would have been exceptible but i truely disagree with what they did.. its even worse than writing a book about it.... i think some Americans loose sight of things like this,, its just not right no matter how you look at it......... BUT free-speech is there and it is our law, no matter what u speak out about its our right as Americans. Some people take it too far..... its just my opinions

19. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    It is for some....I'm glad It's not my job to decide what is entertainment for other people.

20. Prospector

Prospector New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I dont mean to get on a soap-box here, BUT...Why wouldnt this be concidered a Terroristic Threat?? If someone like us were to saysomething such as this, we would be arrested!! I am a FIRM believer in the rights we enjoy here in this country. But when those with "money" can get away with things such as this, or those of a different ethnic background can just hold out their hand and get the help they need, and myself, and countless others like me, NO matter what race, color or creed, have to fight tooth and nail to get what we need, ITS WRONG!!
    When I was fighting for my dissability, there was a young man(26yrs old, who went into a drug clean-up program for meth. Because he went on a certain medication, by the time he was through with the 2wk program, he had his FULL dissability, WITH medicare!!
    What I am trying to say in short is this; "our Goverment is shortchanging some of us and over paying others!!" If this offends anyone I am sorry!! If you wish me to leave for these statements, you have but to ask and I will!! I am a 49yr old man who has been ordered by his Dr to move I cant get any help. But let me be of a different race, or status in society, I'd get ALL the help I need. Same with movie and book. The people, had status, were a different nationality, or had the money to get away with what they did or ARE doing!!