"deadwood"

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by fwmud, Jan 20, 2006.

1. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    On a BOC sisters advice from back when I worked the plumbing store,
    I rented the entire chain of Deadwood from blockbuster.
    Me and tammy are instant adicts.
    I love this series.
    Thanks a bunch girl!

2. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    I used to watch this on HBO during the first season right after the sopranos. Sopranos is better, but deadwood is very good. I might need to buy these and waste a weekend watching them.

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    You are welcome, Tammy and Keith. I have watched both seasons a couple of times and still see and hear different things. I read on their forum the other day that they pushed them behind Sopranos or something. Somebody had a bright idea not to start their 2 best shows in the same month. :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :0a34: That was Calamity Jane. Just imagine what she said!

So glad y'all enjoyed it. Waiting breathlessly for the third season. It seems so authentic of what the wild west would have been during the gold rush in a wilderness. (In my mind, anyway)

4. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    rod just go to blockbuster, you can rent cheap
    Taken a break from the 5 th one todat.
    2, 3 or 4 shows per DVD.

5. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Swampy told me about it. The first few minutes, I just didn't know about it but it pulls you in and keeps pulling. Kinda like the BOC. :)

6. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    I tried to tell you you would get hooked on it. I rented the 1st dvd thinking it would be alright,I had no idea it would be so good.LOL

7. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

Yeah, well I hooked you on the BOC a while back. Guess it's an even trade. :wub: :happ-big: :0a24: :0a31:

8. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Deadwood was an awesome series. I can't wait for Season 2 to come out on DVD. Just got to feed em to the hogs.

9. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    Does anyone know when the new season starts for Deadwood and the Sopranos? I love watching both of them, the are excellent shows.

Also I thought I heard this is the last season of the Sopranos,:crying: is that true? I hope not.

10. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Don't know when the new season starts but Deadwood episode 17 be on tomorrow.

Al's my favorite. :eek:

11. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    I got to agree with you Dayton, Al's the man.

12. eggman

eggman New Member

State:
    Jefferson City, Missouri
    Sopranos start march 12th......finally Deadwood will start a month or two after that I believe.

egg

13. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    Thanks for the info egg, I can hardly wait.:)

14. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Sounds like one I have to check out also! Thanks!

15. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Martin and any that are interested, they have pushed Deadwood back to June. I found this on the HBO Deadwood forum:

To start with, HBO was going to premiere The Sopranos and Deadwood in March, along with some crap called "Big Love". Then someone over there had a massive brain fart and decided they shouldn't premiere their two big fan draws at the same time. So they decided to push DeadWood back to June.

I modified it a little. Any info you want then you can go to hbo.com and find the community section on Deadwood. They appear to keep updates there rather than on the main page for DW.

Hope that helps.