Deadwood Season 2

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by teaysvalleyguy, Jun 2, 2006.

1. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Alright, I am 2 disks (4 episodes) into season 2. I dont think it has missed a beat from season 1. I really enjoy this show, HBO has got something good here. Loved Oz but finially it went off the air. Sopranos are great as well. I just got disc 3 in the mail from Blockbuster today but have not watched it yet.

Does anyone else watch this show??

2. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    My all time favorite recent western show! I think it is probably more authentic than any I've ever seen. The foul language was probably right on for the time period and people that settled that area. Glad you jogged my memory that season 3 starts on HBO this month. Now I gotta rush to get the cable back in and HBO, just to watch this series. Dang, I just posted how I hate TV, but I forgot about this one show. Well anyway, I have both seasons on disc and can't wait to start watching the new season. Gotta check out the actual date now.
    Thanks again for the memory boost, T.
    Take care! :cool2:

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
  4. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

I felt the same way at first, then I realized that the rough people they had to be to live back then in a gold rush town, was part of the authenticity of the show. Somehow it makes it more believable and I've learned to ignore most of those and go with the intent of the show. Sometimes I think Calamity Jane only knows one word...............LMAO.......but that was probably how she was in real life, considering her way of life.

5. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Agree, the language is not kid safe. But from what I have read I think it is about as real as it gets. The show is great though and makes you see how rough life was back then. Watching the dead get thrown over the rail to the hogs, what a way to be disposed of.

Getting ready to watch disk 3, yall have a good morning.

6. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    Al Swearengen is my hero, lol.

7. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

8. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Agree Cheryl, now we know where it came from. Never thought of that. I just got done watching him get over his Kidney Stones, man that looked painful. LMAO

9. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    John,
    I agree with you, Hollywood is throwing in their talk in this one. I really doubt people ever talked that bad, even in Deadwood, SD. I think it would be a much better show if they tone that down. Myself, I'll probably watch Deadwood but I like the Sopranas and the new show Big Love about as well.

10. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    What is Big Love Dayton??

Deadwood disc 3 is complete, got disc 4 today. Getting ready to throw it in in a few minutes.

11. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Matt,

Big Love is a weekly HBO show about a Utah polygamist that has three wifes and seven kids. Talk about problems! :big_smile:
    Only one more show this season.:sad2:

12. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Matt, you must be slow I guess. LOL
    Tammy and I rented season 2 yesterday and finished the last disc this morning.
    ("deadwood adicts" I guess)

13. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    LMAO Keith, Madison keeps me busy. Got to watch Booh Bah, Backyardagains, and Sponge Bob inbetween the episodes. LMAO