Dead Shad

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by shingman6, Mar 24, 2008.

1. shingman6

shingman6 New Member

State:
    South Carolini
    I saw some bait in wally world today that was called Rustys Shad. Is this stuff any good?

2. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    anything is better than a bare hook. but your money will be a lot better spent getting some kind of fresh bait if possible. shad, bluegill, skip... you will have a lot more success. good luck.

3. justfishn

justfishn New Member

State:
    ohio
    my experience says no.on a very hot channel cat bite last may we ran out of everything we had except for a pack of packaged shad.we had caught them on 3 types of cut bait,worms and bass minnows but when we pulled out the packaged bait it came to a stop.i finally put on a 3 inch twister tail and dropped it down to the bottom and found they were still there.if they hit jigs over the packed shad i will not bother with them again.just my experience.

4. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    Don't waste your money. You will catch more on nightcrawlers or liver than packaged shad. tried it twice and never even got a bite.
    Chip

5. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    I got a pack of that stuff last year and cut the middle out of it and used it and had no luck. I try to find fresh shad. or fresh frozen shad.