Dead Red Blood Spray Results

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by janzaldo, Jul 1, 2008.

1. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi fokles, hope all is well, I finally went fishing yesterday. I caught my P/B channel catfish 8lbs using mackeral/shrimp combo doused with Dead Red Blood spray. I took pictures of my catch but I am not computer literate.
    I caught it at around 10pm. I had just reeled my line in and sprayed a good amount of Dead red and about 10 minutes later, I caught my 8 pounder. I am firm believer in Dead red Blood Spray.

Jaime

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I'm gonna have to find somebody around this area that uses it before I spend my $$$ on it. I've wasted too much $ on those sprays before that didn't work.:angry:
    Not saying it doesn't work, but I'll have to try it out before buying any of it. I'm just that way, I have to try it before I buy it. I'm like that with most of the stuff I buy. Be nice if they had trial samples of it......:confused2:

3. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I can't wait to get mine this week, good info.

4. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Here you go Jaime, here are the 2 pictures of your catch that I took. I had a great time last night fishing with you and Scott. It was nice meeting you both and I look forward to fishing with you guys again.

Attached Files:

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Where is a link to the stuff at? I've looked everywhere and can't find it anywhere??? I'd like to find out the prices at least.......

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Outstandin! Nice fish and thanx for the pics.

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Nice catch Jaime!!! Very nice catch!!! Congrats!!!:wink::cool2:

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    John I think Team Catfish sells it. Check his web site.

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

No links are working for it and the one time I found it, it had no price. I tried to e-mail them but it came up an error and I e-mailed Steve about it.

10. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    I agree with John on this one. Besides this post..... the only other post or threads reccomending this stuff are Team Catfish "addicts", not that they make a bad product, I am just skeptic on sprays and attractants

11. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    I bought it off of catfish safari's website

12. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I have notice the same thing.

13. farmer

farmer New Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    I have used this stuff. I don't think I have given it a fair test yet. I have caught fish on it. I sprayed my cut shad with it after I had reeled in to check it. I spray it on just to kinda give it some juices back. But I haven't used it enough to tell if it really made a difference yet. :0a26:

14. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I don't Impress as easily as most people on here. I would have to see it to believe it. It is just like those spray on bass attractants they came out with many years ago and, they only caught the fishermen that bought them.
    We will never know if the fish hit on the chunk of skipjack (or shad) because of the sent of the bait or was attracted to the bait because of the additive put on it. Will be real hard to prove.
    So in short, I will just stick to what has been working for years.

15. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Yep, me too, all except for Jaime?????:confused2:

16. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Great post JW!!! I've wasted too much $$$ on sprays that didn't work at all. From now on, unless I try it for free and am Impressed with it will I buy it.
    Thats just me, my $$$ is too hard to come by to waste It. Not saying it doesn't work but I won't buy any unless I try it out free first(99% chance I won't get to). Again, thats just how I am. Now if several hundred people said the same thing on here, I may buy it without trying it first, that would be the only way. I like to catch eaters sometimes while waiting on the big ones and a spray that actually works would be great!!!:wink:

17. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    I've used the Dead Red Blood Spray quite a bit over the past few months and what I can say for sure is that when the fish are biting well, the spray doesn't do you any good.

But on the days when they're not biting fast and furious, I'm pretty sure the spray has made the difference and helped me catch fish when I otherwise wouldn't have.

I typically fish with 6 lines using fresh cut shad, and will put the spray on 2 or 3 of them. On days when the bite was finnicky, I consistently caught fish on the poles where I used the Dead Red spray and consistently didn't catch fish on the poles without the spray.

And for the record, I'm not sponsored by Team Catfish nor am I a Team Catfish "addict" (whatever that might be) - I use the products that work for me and I don't use the products that don't work for me, regardless of who makes them.

Dead Red Blood Spray is firmly in the "works for me" category.

18. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Monday 6/30 was pretty slow fishing from 5pm till 11pm between Scott nad Brandon, we caught two. Brandon caught a two pounder right at 11pm.
    We had all types of bait as well.
    In the past 15 years fishing SARLS I have caught only one catfish.

Jaime

19. Dead Red is sold by Team Catfish. You can also add the spray to the Secret Seven dip bait to make it more potent.
    Personally I have not caught any fish on the Dead Red blood spray but the smell {with a couple of sprays} lasts a good long while after being in the water.
    Nice fish, hope to catch me a couple too.

20. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    In 1997 I was out fishing along the banks of my local lake for bass. I had on a purple bass worm, and I had this bass attractant oil stuff that I had never gotten any fish with when I used it. I wasn't catching any bass so I decided to try it out again just for kicks. I put that stuff on and cast out, but set my rod down on the ground (not very smart) and was messing around in my tackle box looking for another lure. After a minute, the rod took off toward the lake, and I barely caught it when I lunged for it. I set the hook, and after a good fight (on my little bass rod) I landed a 31" channel catfish. That was my first introduction to catfishing, and my personal best to this date. I am not naiive enough to believe that it wasn't a fluke-- to repeat that experience there are much better catfish baits than a bass worm with bass attractant oil on it. But did that scent have something to do with the fish hitting a rubber bass worm? I believe it did.

I ordered the Dead Red spray with my order of Secret 7 and will give both a try. They may not replace my regular catfish baits, or they may enhance them, I won't know until I try it.