Dead Or Alive Fresh Vs Stink

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfishermanstiles, Jan 25, 2006.

1. catfishermanstiles

catfishermanstiles New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    WONDERING WHAT YOU ALL MAY CONSIDER DEAD OR ALIVE FRESH VS STING THEY ALLWORK GREAT BUT WONDERING WHAT OTHERS PREFER WHAEN CATCHING THOSE CATS WHAT DO YOU PREFER FOR WHAT KIND OF CAT

BLUE-FRESH-STINK-LIVE BAIT
    CHANNEL -FRESH- GOOD STINK GOOD WORMS GREAT
    BULLS-YELLOWS LOVE LARGE FRSH BAIT

WONDERING WHAT LAKES WHAT PART OF THE COUNTRY YOU FISH

LAKES BELTON TEXAS - STILLHOUSE TX -GRANGER TX - BUCHANNON TX

RIVERS LAMPASSES RIVER - LITTLE RIVER (Near Belton TX )

THANKS AND GOOD LUCK GOOD FISHING
    MARSHALL (CATFISHERMANSTILES)

2. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    IMHO when I think of any kind of catfishing, only 2 words come to mind."LIVE and FRESH"

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    No stink for me, live fish, or fresh cut fish.

4. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Live or Fresh cut for me too. Vern

5. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Live or as fresh as I have. Never had much luck with the store bought baits except liver.

6. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    Blues: Cut skipjack in colder weather

Blues & Channels: Warm weather. Cattracker or Hog Wild Premo dip bait.

7. dgde4x4man

dgde4x4man New Member

State:
    La Moille, Illinois
    If I'm going for good eatin cats I use a dipbait and Looper rig. But If I want a bigger catfish I use fresh shad for channels and live for the flatheads. Not many blues around in my area.

8. nosnag

nosnag New Member

State:
    Florida
    Main target is Channels.
    use:
    (1) chicken livers,both fresh & cured
    (2)sunfish,live & cutbait (3)shad,cutbait (4)eel,cutbait (5)mussels and clams,fresh (6)crawfish,live (7)shrimp,cutbait(8)squid,cutbait (9)smelt,cutbait (10)limburger cheese,doughbait (11)punchbait (12)Miracle Bait,dip blood type.

I guess that is about it,though not in order of preference.
    Strangest thing used was Preperation H on cotton balls.Caught them on it too.Picked that one up on another site a few years back.:)

BILL

9. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    The first time I used the Premo dip bait was this past summer. I caught two fish that day on about a 3 hour trip. One was a little over 10 and the other a little over 19 lbs. Up until then, I had never caught any big fish on the dip baits, but had caught plenty of eaters.

10. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Live and fresh cut. Blues seem to like shad guts realy well but of course I have caught them on live and cut, but mostly shad guts. Channels usualy will eat most anything if it stinks, have caught them mostly on the same thing, seem to prefer cut bait. Flats its usualy live but have caught them good on shad guts too, but you have to put a few on the hook the more the better, but live for them is best. And skipjack just plain works for them all.

11. catfishermanstiles

State:
    TEXAS
    thanks to all who have left feedback good to hear what others are useing
    thanks again
    good luck good fishing

12. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    In CA I use a mix of cut and stink bait, mostly stink bait for cats, either hog wild, Sonny's, or Dk punch bait.

We have no blues or Flatheads though in the Central Valley so it is all Channel Catfishing.

13. catfishermanstiles

State:
    TEXAS
    thanks for all replies I make my own stink - dip bait and works good on blues and channels they just love it catch a range from 10-25 in 3 or less hours usally all it takes ranging from 2-15 pounds works in rivers lakes spillways have had good luck with it stuff really stinks works on warm days and mostly at night on humid night or in summer

14. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3945&d=1137388523

I am torn between shad and Danny King Punch Bait. This pic is my buddy Martin with a 19.9 caught on DK Blood two weeks ago. We do well on freash Shad and DK.
    So I guess, in Summer it's fun to cast a net to get some bait, and in winter it's just easier to dip yer bait and not near as wet and cold gettin' it.

15. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    1. Fresh cut shad & skipjack
    2. Frozen skipjack
    3. Cured chicken liver
    4. Pork (bacon, salt pork, chitlings, etc.)
    99. Any dip or punch bait (never caught a fish on it.)
    100. Any commercial bait sold by Wal Mart