Dead night on the ohio near newburgh dam

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by biga, Aug 25, 2007.

1. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    :confused2: had a front moving in last night the water was up a little and i just knew i could hook a couple fish in the ohio near alcoa and the newburgh damn last night but didnt even catch a fish!!! fished with live shad ,cut shad, night crawlers, shipjack and only got 1 bite ! he pulled the rod down hard and then just let it go!! i guess it was better than going to work like i was supposed to!! :wink:

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Now that is what I'm talk'n bout!!!! A dedicated fisherman who isn't afraid to go when he needs too, LOL!!!!

Yees, A bad day fish'n is better than a good day at work.....anytime!!!

3. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    a man has to have his prioritys in order!!! :wink:

4. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    nothing like missing work to go fishing. every man needs to be like that. too bad you didnt catch any tho. but eh it happens

5. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    anyone know of any good bank fishing near evansville and newburgh area

6. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i got a few spots up by yankee town i like to fish from the bank.. i seen on another post you fisheds on the river front in eville.. you catch manny fish down there? send me a pm next time your going i may meet ya there..

7. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind

yeah we catch alot of fish down there .... with the river rising last week we slayed the fish. i fish alot at night ... usually from 9pm to around 3 am.

8. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    ok the riverfront has shut down ... gotta move my tactics somewhere else ... thinking more up river maybe down river ... tried to fish the riverfront tonight .... so many people fishing in my hole that i ususually fish.. it was rediculous. so i didnt even cat fish ... i fished for stripers ... didnt see one person catch a single fish in 4 hrs. seems to me that its getting to much pressure on the front... so imma hit up newburgh ... i got a few spots that i like to hit around there .. i might be heading up there tomorrow evening if u wanna hook up ... drop me a line and well see whats going on.