Dead mans curve in Madision area?

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by catfishcatcher, Feb 23, 2009.

1. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    I have a buddy that had talked to someone that had mentioned an area called dead mans curve. Has any one heard of this spot? My friend was told that this is a very deep drop off with a deep hole as well. He was also told that this is where dead bodies would pile up? Not sure about that just what he was told. We just wanted to find this spot beasue it is suppose to be very good for big blues. Any information would be helpful, thanks.

2. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    i lived in madison in my kid days.. i dont recall ever hearing this term used anywhere.. as far as bodies piling up, i know the old bonnie belle river boat was known for kickin em up on occasion.. people dont realize that water isnt nearly as deep as it is around markland area.. dont know that ive heard of anyone jumping from the bridge and surviving... :embarassed:

3. handlonhardpack

handlonhardpack New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I fish near madison all the time never heard of it But thier is some deep holes down by IKE power plant

4. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    theres a bend down below the power plant with a really deep hole in it. thats the only place i could think of. i know of many nice blues caught out of there. and i also know thats a place when a lot of things get washed up on shore from the current of the river and the discharge of the power plant