dead carp

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by knapperheadmatt, May 12, 2006.

1. knapperheadmatt

knapperheadmatt New Member

State:
    texas
    i went fishing yesterday only to find the shorline littered with dead carp, i counted over 30 before i gave up. due to recent water rise the carp moved in shallow and paid the price. i guess some dude with a bow and total lack of respect for others killed them and left them for me to step over and fish around. it's hot here and the smell , well it kinda reminded me of my ex :big_smile: . whats wrong with some people? don't get me wrong , if you want to shoot carp, thats your business but please don't throw them up on the bank to rot. :crazy:
    there , i feel better.
    matt

2. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Although I do not condone the useless killing of carp I am not going to post as anti-bowfisherman. It is a sport, but I believe some of the skill diminishes when it comes to almost shooting fish in a barrel. If bowfishing is your thing then feel free to eat what you shoot, but why kill something for no reason (with the exception of flying (asian) carp, and other nuisance species like the snakehead). Carp are edible so I believe that if shot they should be eaten. Why waste. There would be uproar if it were catfish thrown along the bank, or God forbid, the beloved bass. Carp the worlds greatest sportsfish, is considered worthless in the US by many. I have had R&R anglers yell at me to kill the dirty carp instead of releasing them back into the water, and then get pissed when I go over and throw carp they are leaving on the bank back into the water. How dare I save a fish like a carp.
    The American prejudice against carp developed as follows, first we trashed our waters to the point where nothing but carp would survive in them, and then we blamed the carp for trashing the water< By Rob Buffer

3. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    But as long as it is legal I guess I have no right to complain, but I have never understood killing for the sake of killing. I undersatnd bowfishing takes skill, unless you are shooting carp in a flooded mud hole, which I have ssen done. A 30ft shot with a bow to a 5lb fish is a big acomplishment. I always have to wonder, what if I were shooting bass on their spawning beds.