De Gray?

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by whisker maniac, Apr 30, 2008.

1. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Well we have the big gathering at De Gray this weekend. Does anyone know of good places to put trotlines not too far from the state park??

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    You mean, like, in the water? Don't have any ideas how you hill billies fish. LOL

3. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    Don't know DeGray much, but the reports I am getting from Greers Ferry are that trotlines are doing really well over flooded camp sites. I heard of one trotline doing well set over the top of the water with just the drops down in the water. The trotline was set over picnic tables in the flooded camp sites.
    I am sure they will be shallow down there as they are on Greers.
    Good luck.

4. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    LOL Lawrence You Sir. are a KILL !!!! I love It. J.D.:wink:

5. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    dont know bout the fish but im getting ready to shove off for the gathering.i seem to have 2 camp sites rented so any body who wants to make a last minute decision just load up and come on.we will make a hole for you to squeese in.see yall sunday night

6. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Kevin, there's an excellent map available of DeGray, showing the underwater humps that make shallow places out in the lake, points, submerged ponds, and the location of the numerous fish attractors that have been put in the lake.

7. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Yeah Jerry my dad told me about those and where to get them I was just hoping for some inside information if ya know what I mean:wink:

8. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I caught a bunch of bullheads while jugfishing for catfish, using skipjack for bait. I've never deliberately fished for them, but I understand the best bait for bullheads is a worm.

9. fox9988

fox9988 Member

State:
    Lincoln,NW Arkansas
    Name:
    Forrest
    10" bullheads are supposed to be the best bait for LARGE Flatheads.If you've got'em,try'em.I read,cut their fins off and they bleed alittle and move alot.Lord knows you can't hardly kill one.