daytona pre race news

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by JERMSQUIRM, Jul 3, 2008.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    #1 D.E.I. car of martin Truex jr. failed numerous times in pre race inspection.

NASCAR officials impounded Truex's Sprint Cup car after it repeatedly failed pre-practice technical inspection. According to NASCAR spokesman Kerry Tharp, the car's roof did not fit the mandatory templates.

Kurt busch hits hard in 1st session serously damageing his #2 Miller Light dodge.

rain canceled second session.

Friday at Daytona, Rick Hendrick is expected to announce that Mark Martin will take over the No. 5 and run full-time in the Cup Series for the first time since 2005.

2. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    can one of you earnhardt fans tell me how max stegal is in charge of DEI. where did he come from. has he ever raced. is martin truex leaving. it seems like the company of the man who is one of racings best drivers has a company run by a non racing guy. does not make sense to me, but i do not keep up with a whole lot of what goes on over there.

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It's Daytona!!!! Don't be suprised if last weeks rain cancel gives MICHAEL WALTRIP some momentum into a race he knows how to win!! rollo:wink:

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    good lordy weve heard it all.:smile2:

5. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I never really understood why Theresa did that either? Max Seigel has no nascar or racing background he's a lawyer/business man. Guess he was hired to keep the business and legal side running smoothly?

6. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    It wouldn't floor me if there was a bed some where in the equation:wink:

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Great info, I am sure excited about the race. Daytona at night is quite the treat

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i see jr is racing tonight.lmao. guess he relized he cant win anywhere else.:smile2:

J/K guys.:wink:

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

At least he finished ahead of Edwards.....:tounge_out::wink::smile2:
    Tonight is gonna be great!!!!! I just hope that somebody other than one of those JGR Toyotas wins it.....:confused2::smile2:

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    yep.:angry::angry: after the nascar punks screwed carl.:angry: he was 100 yards ahead of #2. but since he went to grass to avoid crash they screwed him. its all nascars fault. they should not be allowed to have races now.:angry::angry::angry::angry:

:roll_eyes::smile2:

11. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well is during race news now. boy. kyle dont seem to have much help tonight lmao.:smile2:

jr passed him just now. he got back in line second. tony in 3rd shot low and they all went with the #20. kyle was up high with no one.

12. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    he sure did. in the minors. but the #99 beat him by 6 in the majors.:big_smile: