Daytona 2006 - New Day Of Speed Test

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by Phil Washburn, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    first day of testing yesterday.
    my man, the old guy was fastest!!
    Go Awesome Bill from Dawsonville!!!

2. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Go Bill Go.

Always liked Bill

3. r_bray89

r_bray89 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    bill was the fastes wow thats cool like to see him win it too

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    If he can stop whining he can drive fast Jeffy boy will smoke him tho :)

5. r_bray89

r_bray89 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    jeffy boy miust be jeff gordon and he won it last year and would like to see someone new win it this year. How about ken schrader and the #21 woodbrothers little debbies car like to see it do well

6. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Too much sandbagging goes on in the Daytona testing sessions to get a base line on anything not to mention drafting plays too big a part in it. You can run like a dog with any one of 20 cars behind you then there is that one car out there enhances yours.
    I've heard crew chiefs say several times that they know how fast the car will run before it ever gets to Daytona.
    Once there they are just tweaking looking 100ths of seconds.

I get serious right about the dropping of the green flag on the first of the twin 125's. Most if not all of the sandbagging is put away until next year by then.

7. r_bray89

r_bray89 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    yah thats true cause some years the guy that quilifies on the pole usally drops to the back cause his car picks up an arrow push and cant hold on to it also they say that certain cars draft better with other cars
    and just cause they are teammates doesn tmean they draft good together so just have to wait and see how this all turns out

8. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Bud Shoot out, and the Twin 125's will tell you who the front runners are. Watch who drafts well, and who is able to move in traffic. Don't always bet on the front row.

Ray

9. r_bray89

r_bray89 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    thats true and prolly the dei cars will be fast cause it always seems that they have the set up so that they draft so much better than every one else. Also i would like some one who hasnt won it to win it like ken schrader or elliot or t labonte cause they are all veterans and now how this race plays out

10. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    See where the Hendrik cars were so fast they packed up at mid day and went home!

The new Ford is said to have no aro-push and will run anywhere on the track plus that new motor has HORSES! Sadler is the only one who pushed it - I think the others are sandbagging - One driver said WERE READY!

Man this is going to be a year!!!!

Look out for the Petty cars esp. 43 with Labonty(sp) - FAST! Loomis knows his stuff! the Everham motor is up in horses!

11. ohiocattracker

ohiocattracker New Member

State:
    Cincinnati Ohio
    I agree with Mark big teams sand bagging.Screen i hope your right about Pettys car with Bobby in it wish them luck.Well i have had my tickets for months Twins,Busch,and 500 and now with holidays over thats all im thinking about 37 days lol.

12. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    Looks like Hendrik motors are the power on the track - will have to see how they perform in a pack? I still think the fords are sandbaging - Dodges look better this week!

Stewart hurt and in a cast - arm!

13. Rivercat1

Rivercat1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
  14. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i dunno, Roger. DEI is struggling so far. MB2 team looks pretty good so far, tho they would be considered a long shot, they have the experience in drivers to get it done. The new fusion looks pretty good in a couple of teams also.

15. Rivercat1

Rivercat1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    DEI might not be good now but come race time they will be at the front, like always.

16. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    I agree with Phil - DEI will have a down year again - they are already behind in testing - the only driver that may come to the top is Jr., and only because they will put all the eggs in his basket!

17. Rivercat1

Rivercat1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    They should put all the eggs in his basket the company's name is [B]Dale Earnhardt[/B] Inc.

18. catfishredneck

catfishredneck New Member

State:
    Timpson texas
    Even with labonte in the 43 I still don't know. petty enterprises always seems to have trouble finishing races. I would like to see labonte succeed though. In daytona its all about who still has friends at the end, many of times have I seen 2 to 3 cars hook up in the back and go straight to the front with in 4 laps. ponies don't always do the trick there.

19. catfishredneck

catfishredneck New Member

State:
    Timpson texas
    screen come on jr. is dei. but i think truex is going to surprise a lot of us. Even when he filled in for jr. he was driving a car that was setup for jr. look what he did in bush series. This year will be dei's return to the front.