Daytime cattin'

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by hhca, Mar 24, 2009.

1. hhca

hhca New Member

State:
    Ohio
    need to know what the tricks and secrets are to daytime cattin... have a few tourny's in the daytime and need some info thank you

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC bro.. Spend some time here, and im sure you will gain knowledge:wink: rollo

3. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    your gona be fishin tourneys....And you have a tuff time catchin channels :smile2::smile2::smile2: Good luck bro:wink:

4. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Patience, is all I can tell you! LOL!

5. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I can tell you that every fish I have ever boated over 45lbs came in the day time, flatheads and blues. To be honest I dont see a big difference atleast on the Ohio River. Some of the smaller rivers and lakes may be another thing. I know some local big lakes we usually flathead fish, the bite does not get real good until after midnight. During the day just target as much structure as you can. During the hot summer months many of my bigger fish were taken in deep dark holes around structure, seems easier to catch fish in shallower water at night when they are cruising the flats looking for food. Good luck and welcome to the BOC, stick around here and you just might learn a thing or two..:wink:

6. tacraft61

tacraft61 New Member

State:
    Powell, Ohio, U
    try log jambs and mud banks or rock banks that have noticible ledges.we have been out the last 2 weeks useing this method. it work most of the time for us:wink:

7. rich crabtree

rich crabtree New Member

State:
    ohio
    welcome to the BOC ,if u fish with 2 poles, try the most reliable , chicken livers and gill heads, or live bait, that's one thing about fishing , u can never tell what mite work, what worked last week mite not work this week. iv got a 29lbs flat on a chunk of gill at 8 00am , on a sunny bright day . in 4 foot of water, just keep coming here and reading,ask things and keep trying new things, good luck brother