Days fishing

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by slabmaster, Mar 30, 2006.

1. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    how many days a year do you guys fish? my best year was 2003 i got 105 days on the water. this year this year i'll be lucky to get 60.i could get more but i still worrk a job . only 23 years to retire.

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Probably at least 280 or so.:)

3. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Dang Zakk, 280:thumbsup: way to go Lil Bro ! I might get about 40 days in this year. My best was only 60 :crying:

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thank's, it's because my dad take's me so much. Even in the Winter we try to go at least once a week. And don't even get me started on how much we go in the Spring and Fall.:cool:

5. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Well, I'm not good at math...but I fish two days a week, every week, all year. Some weeks more, some weeks less, but on average two days. Zakk...you just make me sick...lol...Just kidding, you sure turn me envy green though...remembering the days when I could fish like that. Back home in Iowa, growing up, I'd fish 7 days a week if the weather permitted, and 9 days a week if they would have extended the week like I had wanted them to! Now I get two...what a rip!:p

6. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    LOL....Well I live right down the street from a river with Channel Cats, a few Blue's, Bass, Shad, etc. in it so I go fishing there just for fun about every day. Then I go over to the Lake for the Big Blue's and Striper's at least once a week.:)

7. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Last summer when I was home I fished on average at least 4-5 nights a week. Now with school and staying in Missouri all summer I wont be able to fish as much, I have only been out prolly 5 times so far this year where last year I had prolly been out about 15-20 times by now. :sad: Oh well.

8. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    That's the life...Growing up I could hope on my bike and hit three different spots for bass, crappie, walleyes, trout, panfish, bullheads, pike, carp, suckers and all the other little fish that just qualify as "baitfish!". My senior year in highschool, I had 5 studyhalls every other day, so I signed out every other day at 10:00AM....and went fishing. I'm just now getting back into my fishing swing, almost 10 years after moving here...and I can't buy a bunch of luck here...I don't know what it is, something in NC has my mojo all messed up!

9. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Well it is pretty nice.:cool:

You need to come down to Lake Gaston or Roanoke River this spring if you're looking for a big Blue or Big Striper.:)

10. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Rob hit the Osage down near Jeff City...its not that far and good roads.;)

11. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    normaly near 120 days. alot of those days though are just an hour down at a local pond or a hour at the creek for some trout, actualy long days or night fishing 35 days a year. when i was 13. i once went 127 days straight with about 240 for the whole year. nothing to do in the summer but to fish and i did awesome at the local pond but i could never catch big bertha bass that was the holy grail of the pond, she was about a 10# bass that proably could have broke a state record maybe? i just know she was one big bass that i would see once a year or so.

12. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Trust me, if it weren't for the 3-4hr. drive from here, I'd probably be up there at least once a month! I'd love to make a trip, but moneys real tight and I work long hours during the week and only have Sat. and Sun. off. Otherwise, you'd probably have seen me up that way already! :0a23:

13. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Oh I know what you're saying, well if you do make it this way just let me know.

Zakk

14. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    10 hour work day, 4 hour drive there and 4 hours back i say you still got a good 6 hours of fishing!

15. scuffy

scuffy New Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    I'll be lucky to get 50.
    Steve