day or night

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by moose2001, Aug 25, 2008.

1. moose2001

moose2001 New Member

State:
    mi
    on the maummee river during the fall do flathead bite just as good at nite or do cooler temps turn the bite on at daytime hours also is live bluegill and chubs still the way to go never much luck for me on cutbait

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Flathead Catfish bite in the daytime, you just have to approach them differently. As for the waters cooling, this will improve the bite for all types of catfish.

Night will always be my preference for catching flats, but some real nice ones are caught during daylight hours.

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Myself I tend to believe night over all is the best time for those big flats

4. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    early spring when they are coming out of winter and later in the fall they bite good during the day also.as the water temps cool in the fall,or rise in the spring.they will bite both day and night and can be in relatively shallow waters during both fall and spring bites.

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It's daytime 99 percent of the time for me.

6. lake2river

lake2river New Member

State:
    Patriot, Indiana
    I fish almost exclusively at night for cats these days. On the way to a hole, I'll cast out several times towards the shallows to see if I get a hit. If I do, then it seems I have more luck fishing for smaller ones in the shallows than I do going after Bigguns in the holes.

7. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Dawn and Dusk are my favorite times for all species of cats....olj

8. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I prefer the night, just due to the lack of traffic on the river and you don't have to get all up in the structure like you do in the day.

9. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    on the waters i fish i dont catch squat during the day but as soon as the sun sets it game time..:wink:

10. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Most of the area's I fish hardly every produce much during the day light but at night things do heat up some!