Day or night?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by catchaser1, Mar 6, 2007.

1. catchaser1

catchaser1 New Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    what factors do you all use to determine when to start fishing at night

2. Rottdog

Rottdog New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sir,
    I don't believe there is a right or wrong answer to this question. For me I begin fishing as soon as it warms up enough. That usually means for the first month or so I primarily fish during the daylight so I can utilize the heat from the sun. But from everything that I have read on this subject, I believe Catfishing is basically the same all year long with the exception of the spawn. What I mean is if those old Cats are hungary at 2:00 in the morning in July, they will still be hungary at 2:00 in the morning in March if you can withstand the temperatures.

I hope this helps you out a bit,
    Garrett

3. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I fish in the day time.

4. txthumper1691

txthumper1691 New Member

State:
    Temple, Tx.
    Well if I can, I let th kiddos spend a weekend over at grandma an grandpa's, then th wife an I do some night time cattin. we hit th water around dusk, and stay till mid night. best time of yr we have had good luck depends on where we wanted to fish, when its colder, we go deeper, like 20- 40 ft depth, when it starts to warm up we move shallow 15 an less. When we take th kids, its always during th am or early evening, never fish between 11 a.m.- 4p.m. tried it many times during those hours, might have caught enought to count on my hands. just hasnt been good time for me. If I am runnin trots, I will do it th night b4 a good freeze, seems like I have had my best luck then. Hope this helps.

5. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    I seem to have better luck fishing for cats at night.

6. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My factors:
    Is it too cold?
    Do I have to work tomorrow?

I can't stand temps below 50 and I can't survive a day at work if I didn't get enough sleep.

7. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    In this area the blues spawn in late May through about the middle of June. Pre-spawn I fish daytime only but after the spawn you will do better fishing late in the evening, all night or early morning.

8. bowhuntinbubba

bowhuntinbubba New Member

State:
    Illinois
    for me its late evening all night if its not to cold right now its to cold around here for another month or too.

9. Crackr

Crackr New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I work nights, and I generally catfish at night simply because I'm used to the hours. I would like to try to do more day cattin' this year, but I'm relegated to shore most of the time. Hard to get to deep cover without a boat sometimes.

10. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Brad i start fishing at night around april or when it gets to hot during the day or warm enough at night.

11. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I usually get up around 4 am and head out... I stay out all day and sometimes till after dark.. Now that I'm older I have a hard time fishing all night... And I can't and don't do cold weather... Upper 50's and up and I'm fishing...

12. bank bouncer

bank bouncer New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    Early season, two things, sorry three things determine my daytime catfishing. First how good my crappie fishin is going, second boat traffic tells me its time to switch to night, third when the water temp gets in the upper 70's and into the 80's, its time to night fish. Reverse applies to my fall fishin, but still the same three. Lets go, get it on!!!

:big_smile: :big_smile: It's warming up!!!

13. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    for me its above freezing weather but i have fished when very cold , the fish dont care either way every half hour or so they eat you just need to be in their feeding zone

14. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    I fish night all year long, but I bank fish so we have a fire and a couple of tarps we set up over and around us with heaters inside during the winter months.

15. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

Seems like here at the susquehanna they are good from 4pm-midnight in the summer and they shut off:ah: !