day or night?

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by rcbbracing, Jul 27, 2009.

1. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was curious if its just as productive to fish at night for carp as it is during the day...i dont fish for them often But always accidently catching them while catfishing...very seldom to catch them during the day on accident so i wondered if its bettter fishing for em at night rather than day due to my experiences with them....thanks

2. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Great question David!! To help answer it, all I can say is, my best Carp fishing is during the pre-spawn of the carp. All I use is corn from the can on a number 6 Eagle Claw hook with a light weight for casting. I have never targeted Carp at night, but I'm sure the bite can be just as good too. Maybe someone can be of more help!!

3. ChannelCatBen

ChannelCatBen New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    My best luck has actually been during the day for carp. It might just be me... I don't know for sure. I haven't gone after them much at night, because if I'm out at night I'm usually catfishing.

4. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have a lot of success during the day, but I think in the hotter months some of the bigger carp come out at night. I have success during all hours really, but I do enjoy giving it a go at night whenever possible.

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    David I know a guy that goes carp fishing almost every night at 11 pm. He caught alot of them an says night fishing is better then daylight.

6. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Alright I have a few questions here.
    1.) when do carp spawn?

2.) I see carp lazily hovering in my creek pond but can't catch 'em to save my life. tell me how, and I'll show ya some pics today. lol

3.) at night on the river, I see HUNDREDS of carp everywhere in the shallow flats with a spotlight... hows the best way to catch those dudes?

4.) why are they gathered up in the rivers' shallow flats at night like that? Feeding? If so, on what?

Thanks!

7. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Seems like it depends on the location.I got some spots that are good day spots and you can,t buy one at night and vice versa.I usually use dough,but when they,re lazing around in midwater,I,ll switch to just some floating bread on a hook.Them fish you see on the flats at night are probaly feeding IMO.Don,t matter what they,re feeding on,throw a little chum out and they,ll be feeding on what your chumming.

8. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    May help. Ive only caught one before on the bottom fishin for cats.