day or night

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by catoon, May 1, 2009.

1. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    on my lil lake here which is 158 acres will the channel cats bite better in the day time or night

2. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I would say when they are hungry!!!!!!!:wink:

3. hct236

hct236 Well-Known Member

State:
    virginia
    I fish a small lake to and seems channels like the transition times. Dusk and Dawn. So I like to fish about an hour before sunset up to about an hour after sunrise. Ill catch more during those transition times than I do during the dead of night. Course thats just the way it is on the lake I fish. Could be different on other lakes.

4. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I like fishing lower light too, whether it be early morning or evening. I have caught alot during midday too. I dont think I have ever caught high numbers of fish during the middle of the night.

5. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I havent caught big numbers while fishing at night.....but all my bigguns have come in the middle of night. Grab you up a couple bisquits richard and fish all night.....LOL:wink:

6. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Great recommendation brother, don't forget them bisquits toon:wink:

7. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    I think it really depends on the time of the year. I know here in the spring you can catch them all day long, in the summer it seems you can't buy a bite in the daytime. Now, when I lived in California I caught my largest Channel Cats at night, experiment and find out whats best in your neck of the woods.:eek:oooh: