Day or Night Fishing?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by BKS72, Aug 4, 2008.

Day or Night Fishing?

1. Night time is the right time!

2. Daytime for me!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I fish almost exclusively at night once it starts to get warm out until fall. It's just too dang hot during the day and I think the bite's better at night. I fish the MO river almost exclusively. It's a lot more peaceful than a lake any day anyway, but man is it quiet at night.

I know that nice fish are caught during the day, but I'd honestly rather not catch fish than sit out in the broiling sun on a 100 degree day.

What about you guys (and ladies), how many of you are nocturnal during the summer?

2. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    I'am with you on this one-nitetime- for me. Out here in central cali it's wayyyy to hot to be fishing in the day time last month's temp's where 108-112:eek:oooh:But now it's just in the 100 mark:roll_eyes: this is a mild summer for up here!!

3. IaCAT

IaCAT New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I agree, I love to fish at night. There is just something about being on the bank of the river on a summer night hunting for the big flattie. Although, my father always said the best cats can always be caught on the hottest of hottest days. He would always want to go out when its just crazy hot and humid, and sure enough we'd catch cats.

4. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Couldn't agree more. I like to fish an hour or 2 before dark to an hour or 2 after dawn in the summer because I don't like the heat. I think the bite is better at night and it's much more peaceful and enjoyable when all the other boats have went home.

5. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Nothing bites during the day in 100+ degree heat...gotta wait until night time where I am.

6. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I prefer the night also. Usually quiet and calm and after dark the bugs are down to a minimum.

7. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    Honestly, It don't matter one bit for me, as long as I'm out fishing. I will sit in 100 deg weather all day long. I've sat through tornado's and all, it don't matter.

8. Blakemo

Blakemo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    When it gets over 95 degrees in the day I got out in the evening and at night, I think its way funner catching a huge catfish at night with a little light!

9. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I do both. Nighttime and daytime fishing. But I prefer to catfish at night during the summer when the weather is hot. In the spring I like to pursue cats in the early morning, like 4:30 am to 10:00 am. That seems to be the best times for a good bite. Nighttime in the summer, I like the hours of midnight to 4 in the morning. Full moon phase days have the hottest action too!! By the way I voted for nighttime.

10. sigmanusportsman

sigmanusportsman New Member

State:
    Texas (living in AR)
    I have not had a lot of luck at night. maybe cause I am fishing off the bank instead of in a boat. like tonight, went out and did not have a single bite, but earlier today (during the heat) I caught a few. Day or night, doesn't matter. As long as the fish are biting and I am not having to work!

11. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    count me in !!! i love night fishing. less boat traffic and like branden said peacefull:wink: i even fish at night in january and feb at a powerplant lake it never freezes over at the warm water dishcharge!!!

I do alot of day fishing also my dad is my fishing buddy and its just too hard on him at 70 .

honestly if i didnt catch a fish at night i still be happier then fishing a buisy lake during the day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    I prefer night fishing. However, I work nights (but not overnight) now so if I'm off, I go fishing early of a morning or late of an evening. Just not all night.

13. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    During the summer, I'm definately on the river at night! I love getting out on the river in the evening to catch bait then head to the fishing holes! I work the afternoon shift, 3pm to 11pm and it's not uncommon for me to head out after I get off work! There has been alot of times where I am just getting to the river at midnight or later!

When the heat isn't all that bad, I don't care when I'm on the water, as long as I'm there! I am a fragile little feller and can't take the heat and humidity that these Missouri summers bring during the day. Maybe it's cause I was born and raised in Montana!:roll_eyes:

14. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    i hear ya !!! this fat boy hates 90 plus degree sunny days in missouri.
    i sizzle like baccon :smile2::smile2: pork the other white meat :wink:

15. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    I generally fish during the early morning and pack it up by 10:30-11:00 am, usually by that time it is starting to get pretty hot. I never really thought about night fishing because I am always ASLEEP!!! I really don't know how you guys do it, if I lose sleep one night on the weekend, it will take me 3 days to catch up. Besides playing chicken with a barge in the dead of night is not my idea of fun.

Bill

16. CATFISHERMAN001

CATFISHERMAN001 New Member

State:
    ALABAMA
    I have had great success with both. I don't prefer one over the other. As long as they are biting I will sit in 100 degrees and will sit in 5 degrees but like I said as long as they are biting.

17. OhioRiverCatfisher

OhioRiverCatfisher New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I voted night time because of the heat during the day and there are more flatheads on the prowl at night near the shore after the bait fish. If weather permits in the day light hours (nice day) you will find me out after channels but when the sun goes down you may see me out after the flatheads or channels. One thing for sure, a boat with no cover is no fun in the day with 80 to 95 degree heat and the sun beating down on ya...Shade trees on the bank are a big plus over the boat 4 sure!

18. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    I fish both night and day, but night is my favorite by far. Besides being cooler at night, I find night fishing more relaxing. I like to sit and listen to the crickets, frogs, and owls. And I love it when there is a good moon and fog rises up from the water.

19. fuman80

fuman80 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    ive allways had better luck at night. always seem to get the bigger ones at night

20. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I like the day, want to see whats going on !