Day on the river

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by bsu_catfisher, Oct 31, 2009.

1. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    Finally got out today for a little trip on the Ohio River. Skimax came out and joined my wife and I on a new spot that I was trying out. We started getting bites before we even got all the rods out. When it was all said and done we had 8 fish in the boat, which made for a fun trip. Hope everyone else is getting out and catching some too.

2. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats on the catch Eean!

3. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    how big eean? how big? flats? blues? channels? pictures???

4. Trapper-steve

Trapper-steve Well-Known Member

State:
    Bicknell, IN
    Congrats on the catch :crazy: pictures??? :roll_eyes:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  5. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    Sadly we didn't have the camera with us once again. But we were catching flats and blues. The biggest was a flattie at 16 lbs. The rest of them were all between 5 and 10 lbs.

We went back out today and caught a few more. A couple nice blues and a flattie and a small channel.

6. hdfatboy29

hdfatboy29 New Member

State:
    indiana
    congrats on the catching

7. killmore

killmore New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have a 14 foot john boat. Is it possible to get that out on the Ohio or is it to small. Also are there places closer to the shore that are safer for a small boat like this?

8. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    dave i see 14 footers on the river all the time. i had a 14 foot jon boat with a 25 horse on the back and it worked great for the river. and i even hit barge waves in it. i wouldnt get stupid and go out in high water. but right now i dont think it would be a problem

9. killmore

killmore New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks Steve. Doing any good on the river? I'm looking for some where to fish this weekend and I've never fished the Ohio I read you guys posts and sounds like there biteing pretty good.

10. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    dave ive been launching out of tanners the last several times out. And have been fishing heavily in the deep water above the bridge about two miles up river. Been catching a lot of fish. The flats are biting extremely well right now. They are putting on that winter weight. It wont be too much longer and it will be bye bye to mr flattie. So get out there and get in on it before its too late. And the blues are really starting to pick up as well. Been catching quite a few of those too. But ive mainly targeted the flats the last two weeks due to the fact they are about to go night night