Day Off Work- Blues and Skips

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by stumpjumper, May 1, 2008.

1. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Took a day off work yesterday (April 30) for a solo trip to the TN river. My wife had to sit this one out :sad2: I didn't break any records, but I sure had a great time! The generators were only running good from 5am-10am so I made sure I was on the water by 4:30. It was a cold morning and the dense fog made things a bit eerie...cue the barred owl! Within 10 minutes I had a fish on. I was set up for some solo photos, just in case I caught a jumbo. The timer on my camera was so fast that most pictures are of me bending over or wrestling a Blue :smile2: I did manage a few though. I ended up with six Blues by 10am and the biggest was 21#. I also lost a much larger fish.

Afterwards, I trailered over to the Chickamauga dam to see if I could find some skipjacks. Caught a bunch of big ones and had a blast.

What an awesome day off work!

Attached Files:

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Another great report and pics Marc! :cool2: Its tough doing the solo photo deal with the timer :crazy:. I do it a lot but end up deleting more pics than I save. The fish seem to know just when to thrash and mess up the pic :smile2:! So you left the wife home so she wouldn't catch all the fish :wink:! Keep the reports coming :big_smile:!

3. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Very nice Blues, Marc.

4. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    Those are some good-uns!

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Real nice pics and story to boot. I could feel the fog. LOL!

6. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Thanks for sharing the pics! Sounds like a great day!

7. flo

flo Member

State:
    fay nc
    any ant day on the water is better than andy day at work and you pic a good day to take off nice fish , good job .