DAY OF LIFETIME PART 2

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by ksgoosekillr, Apr 14, 2009.

1. ksgoosekillr

ksgoosekillr Member

State:
    Kansas
    Well either were lucky or were establishing a pattern here… hopefully it’s the last one:roll_eyes:… Justin and I hit milford again Saturday and managed to tear em up again. This time however we weren’t able to hit the water till 3 pm and fished till 7 or so.. in those 4 hours of fishing we pulled in 19 fish, 18 bluecats and one nice wiper… I was lucky once again caught the most :smile2:but Justin had me on the big fish… We caught a 10, and 11 and Justins 16… the rest ranged from 3-7… We ended with 8 and 11, I caught a 6lb wiper to add to my total… If we would have fished longer we would have beat our last day hands down… This time we kept 4 for the table and the wiper… the rest including the bigguns are still swimming… Funny story of the day…. I had a bite on one of my rods and reached to set the hook, and for some reason my abu button was down and free spoolin, now you’ve all had backlashes from casts, you should see the one you get when you set a hook while free spooling!:confused2: I should have took a picture… I spent almost an hour and half pickin line, every 5-10 min dropping the project rod to miss a bite:confused2:… I ended up taking the spool out and just pullin line till it was done… Most guys would have been mad as hell but after the day (and beers) we had… I was still in good spirits:eek:oooh:… as we were trailering the boat at the dock we saw a 2 guys and a little kid carrying a stringer with 2 blues on it… So we offered to give em our takers… the little kid was pumped up as we handed him fish after fish… he ran to get the cooler and looked at his dad and was like “moms really gonna be happy dad” you could see the look in his dads eyes and he was thinking “I bet she is” LOL…:smile2:. But it made the kids day…
    http://s725.photobucket.com/albums/ww255/ksgoosekillr/fish2/

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Sounds like a good day.
    How come you dont post anything until you catch fish?
    I always wondered why people do that.:smile2:

3. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    I'd say you guys had a good day.

4. tmramrod91

tmramrod91 New Member

State:
    kansas
    Good work. Milfold is a great lake to fish on, wish it wasnt so far away.

5. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Was that your truck again at the Wakefield ramp? A black 4 door Chevy full size. It looked like the same one you said you were in last time. I was gonna stop and say hi but I didn't see your boat around anywhere.

6. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Matt, Sounds like another great trip thanks for posting the pics and the story congrats on the catches:smile2::wink:

7. ksgoosekillr

ksgoosekillr Member

State:
    Kansas
    Well that was the first time we have been back since we went last... THATS WHY! the only other trips were to fill our bait tanks full of shad... if you want i can post about that and take pics of the shad in my tank...guess i didnt know it was a requirement to post about anythign else...

better yet.... heres a shad report...
    last friday Justin and i went to our "shad hole" and netted 82 shad rangin in size from 4" to 12"... we plan on doing the exact same thing this friday and fishing all weekend... ill throw in some pics of the shad tonight

8. ksgoosekillr

ksgoosekillr Member

State:
    Kansas
    Ya that was us... we were quite aways from that boat ramp... we are in a blue spectrum if u see us out ont he water stop and and say hi....

9. ksgoosekillr

ksgoosekillr Member

State:
    Kansas
    guess u missed that post

10. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    You dont have to get all offensive.:crazy::smile2:
    I was just wonderin.:wink:

11. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    :smile2::smile2::smile2: he got ya on that one Kyle !! :smile2::smile2::smile2:

12. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    I didnt mean why he didnt post fishin reports with no luck JJ, so no, he didnt get me.:wink:
    I was wonderin why he dont post when other people catch fish.

13. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    just givin ya shit. hard sayin. most the time im on here talkin bout nothin. maybe he dont wanna be like me :smile2:. i went out today and didnt do nothin. did some BOC promotin though. i couldnt even catch any bait fish from the docks. got to see some purrrrrrrrdy gals though !! :cool2:

14. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Thats the best part of warmer weather:wink::wink::smile2::smile2::cool2:

and the fishin too:cool2::cool2:

15. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    Arent you supposed to be workin?:smile2:
    Are you still in KS?

16. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    I do love the summer time!:cool2::smile2:

17. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    JJ,you coming to Milford on the 24th?

18. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Please include the location of where the "shad hole" is. :smile2::wink:

19. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    No joke.:smile2: I have been skunked the last 3 shad trips.:sad2:
    I was gettin plenty of nice ones until winter came back.
    Since then I have thrown the net about 1000 times and have lost one net.:confused2:
    Thats how it goes sometimes.:smile2:

20. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    im still nin KS. was supposed to leave tues morn but, well, the fact is, i just didnt feel like it. maybe i'll leave sometime wed, thurs, or fri. i wont be there for the mini.