Day 7 and no tobacco

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by GrandpaGoneFishing, Jan 5, 2010.

1. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    I'm into day 7 and feel like a big pot of boiled crap.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hang in there Jay. In a few days you will feel like a new man. You can do it.

3. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    i tell ya it doesnt get any easier. i was at a point where i really didnt think about it then i stopped at the gas station to fill up bought a can and put a dip in. i didnt even realise what i did for a few minutes. i havent stopped since. just hang in and eventually enough time will go by that you wont want it.

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    You can do it Jay Im going on about 1 year without.

5. The_Black_Cat

The_Black_Cat New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hang in there friend. I was the same way, I was smoke free for about 4 years. I eventually gave in again. :=:) I hope that you don't give in, and be strong. The urges will eventually pass and you will feel a whole lot better.

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I need to quit chewing! Bad habit , and one thats catching up. Had it whipped once I thought, but at it again... rollo

7. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    it can be done hang in there

8. steveturner024

steveturner024 Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Steve Turner
    Hang in there it only takes 21 days to make or break a habit. YOU CAN DO IT.

9. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    Jay you can break the habit. Just hang in there..I know it can be done because I am going on my 4th month and it is getting easier every day.

10. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Hang tough jay. I too had quit for a period of time, 4 or 5 months. On my way to the woods turkey huntin i bought a can of copenhagen. Been dippin ever since. Bad mistake on my part, but i did kill a good bird.

11. bullcat

bullcat New Member

State:
    ohio
    When you do beat it you'll look back an say how did I let something like tobacco manipulate my life so much . Good luck it's worth the effort!

12. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    getting over the habbit is the hard part. been in a fab shop most of my life and chewing was no problem. the new job is like being at a hospital. i still want a dip when i walk in the door though.

13. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I wish I could tell ya it was easy but that would be a lie. I quit Memorial day last year and the first 6 months were HELL! Its getting easier now every day and if you have made up your mind to quit you can. Just set small goals at first then stretch them out. Try not to make the same mistake I did of letting myself get hooked on hard candy then gum for the first 6 months. I finally got past that and can now go all day without any cravings or eating everything in sight. Stick to your guns and don't give in and it will get easier with time, I dipped for 33 years But NO MORE.