Dawson lake

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by George walker, May 23, 2006.

1. George walker

George walker New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Went fishing friday night at Dawson lake (Marine View State Park) caught 4- nice channels. It was a little windy and cool but they were hitting creek chubs, I threw out some chicken scratch at first, I'm sure that made difference. I fried up those kitties for my sons birthday and bought him a new rod and reel.... I don't have to say let's go fishing twice!!

2. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congratulation George, Dawson Lake is a nice place to take the kids, camp, and fish. They used to have a couple deer that you could pet. I don’t know if that is the case anymore.

3. George walker

George walker New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dawson lake is a nice place it's about 10-min. from my house, the deer aren't there anymore that you can pet. They have taken the 10-horse limit off the lake,you can take larger motors on the lake now , but there is a no wake rule.

4. M_anstrom

M_anstrom New Member

State:
    Moody Air Force
    Yea... that place is great... havent been there in a long time.
    I might make my way down there... my mom, Suzanne Anstrom, and her friend, Bonnie Silsbee, Used to take me there once a week before my moms health went bad...

5. joesf

joesf New Member

State:
    Bloomington IL
    Maybe we should have a Dawson lake meet and greet. Me and tomcat are both with in about 10 min also George. I don't usually fish it except for week nights that I get an itch to go.

6. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    I've caught some good cats in the 4 lb range down there also. Ridgerunner and I went down a couple of times but didn't do any good, but I would be interested in making a pilgrimage down there again for a meet and greet. Mykal, I am the old man with the plum colored Ranger with the USA on the side here in Fairbury.

7. George walker

George walker New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I would be willing to meet and greet you folks, I'm kinda new to the sport I could use some tips.Sun,Mon, and Wed. I have to take care of my mother , she is in poor health, any other days I usally have open if I'm not mowing grass.I just bought a 15' jon it's used but I think it will float, I need to do some work on the trailer and boat before I put it in the water and a motor would be nice too...LOL...LOL