Davy Jones locker

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Bill in SC, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Who has donated to it this year, and what did you donate?
    I donated 2 anchors, an Abu Garcia 6500TC reel on an American Spirit Nite Stick rod spooled with 100# Power Pro, + lots of lead and Gamakatsu 8.0 Octopus circles, and a couple of caps. I'm sure there's more, but I can't think it right now. I'm sure Ol' Davy would be proud of my donations. :wink::smile2::wink:

2. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    3 kids rod and reels on mother in laws rod and reel..one 808 about 4000 hooks 2300 4 oz sinkers and 5 packs of swivels..oh..and a blue and white spiner bait to a big ol bass

3. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    a cheap lip grip and an ebay special 14 dollar camera, so it wasn't too bad a year :smile2:

4. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    So far, 1 anchor, 1 spinning rig, 2 hats, 1 cell phone, damm I got to be more careful

5. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    about 2 inches of aluminum off the bottom of my boat,a trolling motor,threw it over bent shaft,and tore a prop off.:sad2:

6. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    This year i have lost 1 anchor ,an numberous rigs an tackle ,other than that i have been lucky an not lost a lot of stuff :wink:

7. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Wow I just have snagged a few times,,,not much of a donation on my part,,,,I threw Bo overboard ,,,,but he swam back,,,lol

8. 1 Anchor.:angry:

My kid found a 20 in the swim area though.:big_smile:

I just kept the change.:smile2:

9. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    so far all ive lost is sinkers but i had 3 anchors 2 of which ive had 30 years lost by friends.

10. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Besides the usual sinkers and hooks I had a wasp hit me in the face while I was going down river and when I slapped at it I knocked my glasses into the river.

11. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Hooks, snap swivels, sinkers, swivels, keepers, line, I didn't fish as much as I woulda liked, so I didn't lose too much. Lots of times I end up snagging other people's line and lures. I've found a bunch of stuff too.

12. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    Lots of mono lots of hooks an few sinkers and a nice papir of pliers and my bucket bllew ion to the water during a 40mp gust:angry:

13. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    I've sacrificed lots of sinkers and hooks, to the fish gods, but can't remember losing any gear this year

14. festus

festus New Member

Jigs, sinkers, hooks, swivels, a bunch of crappie jigs, grubs and leadheads, about a 8-10 striper jigs, maybe 2 or 3 crankbaits, and a spoon or two. I also misplaced a cheap Fenwick spinning outfit and somebody stole half a minnow trap out of the creek behind my house (probably kids). Saw another bank fisherman lose a rod when something pulled in his cheapie Zebco combo at a steam plant while he was taking a whiz. :confused2: :eek:oooh: :crazy:

15. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    :
    :haha::haha: Now Jim what did good ole Bo do to warrent being thrown in the drink? We got a real kick out of him at the gathering!!:big_smile:Sister Pat

16. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    so far this year two props, tons of hooks not the cheap ones, several cast nets, lots of bait, and even a few other goodies I don't want to say.

17. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Ya know that pin that holds the trim on boats? I went to adjust it and it went to the bottom of the river.and one hat.
    smokey

18. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    One anchor, a dozen or so sabiki rigs, 2 sheer pins and some blood after lowering the motor on my finger after changing one of them. :eek:oooh:

19. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    about 5 lbs of bank sinkers,20 or so 6/0 kahle hooks ,and a 4 ft castnet.

20. tyrupp

tyrupp New Member

State:
    Ellis,Kans
    I lost some focal adjuster, a catfish connection ball cap and alot of stuff bought from B.O.C. sponsors . It was all in the hope of stimulating the economy !!!! The hell with the economy, I still miss that focal adjuster