Davis Boat ramp Beware!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by TnRivershark, Nov 16, 2009.

1. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    I Launhed today at davis corner the lake (old hickory) was down about 4 foot unloading wasn't so bad but when I loaded back up we used the ramp farthest from the dock and fell of the end of the ramp with my trailer. It bottomed out there was no pulling it out, luckily the water was not cold. I had to get my jack out of my truck raise my trailer block it up with some lumber so I could pull it out.:angry: This was quiet an ordeal hope it doesn't happen to any one else. George from sienfield was right shrinkage, boy was that water cool.:crazy: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!We fished with cut bait and caught a cattracker style catfish about about 17lbs and a channel about 5-6lbs another small striper and a small drum.We fished on the bottom in about 6 different locations from 5 foot to about 20 foot deep.:tounge_out:

2. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Thanks for sharing that is where I always put in at, I heard that they were going to drop the levels to work on some boat launches.

3. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    nice update and catch

4. That reall, REALLY friggin sucks!!!!!!:eek:oooh:

I feel for ya bro, I hope that never happens to me! I also wound up waist deep at a local lake here on Sunday. The water was 52 degrees, and I was in my socks, draggin a fellow BOC members boat along the shoreline behind other beached boats at the boat ramp while the other boaters watched and laughed at us.:angry::angry::angry:

1 step right or left was a foot diffenece in depth.:embarassed: Haha, it was messed up.:confused2: Then we had to try to get it on the trailer. The transom apparently rotted and the motor twisted half of it off that day. There were 3 BOC members there and 2 of us were in that cold water to help this dude get his rig out in one piece. Not being able to trim the motor up was killing us. Here is the report link. It took about 12 hours for my grapes to drop back down, haha.

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129682

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2009
  5. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Glad to see you did not sink.

6. It was a old bass boat, I guess it had floataion built into it. The water was up to the dash base coming up through the floor drains, only 2 inches deep though. The back got it bad, the batteries and fuel tank and s**t. The bilge got a work out for sure. When we pulled it up ramp the motor was dragging. When parked at the top of the ramp, it took a good few minutes for all that water to run out, looked like a barrel full of water with a shot gun holes in it.:smile2: Water was coming out in all directions.
    By the way, nice striper ther Kevin.:big_smile:

7. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    Thanks for the compliment, I thought that I had it tough. The only thing that I damaged was a cut wire when the trailer sled on top of it and cut it.

8. Good, I was hoping you didn't wind up with a damaged frame or spring hangars. You ever see those guys that leave the trailer strapped/winched to the boat and drive around with it in the water? That's some funny s**t there buddy.:smile2:

9. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    I got an extra day off from work due to lack of work, so I made the best of it. The factory wiring job on my trailer was done with scotch locks and they were starting to corode so I stripped all of wiring and rewired my trailer. So I am ready for next week, I hope the fish are hungry.:0a23::0a18: