David D. Terry Lock And Dam

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by r_corter12, Jul 10, 2006.

1. r_corter12

r_corter12 New Member

State:
    Carlisle,AR
    I Live About 20 Minutes From Here. I Will Start Keeping Info Posted About It Here.i Fish Here 4-7 Times A Month If Anyone Has Any Questions About This Place Let Me Here Em.i Pole Fish Mainly But May Put Out A Trotline Thursday For The Weekend.

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Randy, I would like to welcome you to the B.O.C. I hope to see you at the National Gathering.

3. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Randy, Welcome to the Brotherhood! It's alway good to have another Arkansas Brother. Terry use to be my favorite place to fish on the River but back then we had to lock down to fish below the dam and we finally decided that was just a big waste of time. I hear they have a boat launch below the dam now but I ain't been there since they put it in. We moved from Beebe to Conway last year so I fish out of Palarm Creek at Mayflower now.
    You just make yourself at home cause we are all family here. Let us hear about David D Terry fishing trips. Good luck.

ST

4. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Welcome to the BOC, Randy!

5. Tinboat

Tinboat New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    Welcome aboard, we're glad to have you.

6. rebhog

rebhog New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I fished below there about three weeks ago. There is a great landing right below the dam. We only caught one small flathead. Looking forward to going back.

7. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Hey Randy, welcome to the BOC. A great place to share info and have fun.

8. r_corter12

r_corter12 New Member

State:
    Carlisle,AR
    thanks for the welcome.didnt go today but im going for sure tomorro.will post results somtime saturday

9. r_corter12

r_corter12 New Member

State:
    Carlisle,AR
    caught 1 flat head on shad gut pocket right below dam had lots of bites but they were small this was friday night

10. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    Welcome to the BOC randy and keep your post comming

11. r_corter12

r_corter12 New Member

State:
    Carlisle,AR
    going to give it a try tomorro.maby the cooler temps will help i know im glad its going to cool of .

12. r_corter12

r_corter12 New Member

State:
    Carlisle,AR
    fished about 2 1/2 hrs sat night not one bite moved 5times .1 gate barley open on west side.talk to serveral other boats and no fish there either.if we dont get some rain ull be able to catch them with a dip net.

13. tonyjohn

tonyjohn New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I hear ya about more rain so they fill open some gates !
    "its so dry ....the fish have ticks on them " !!

14. 8898dan

8898dan New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I fished Terry Lock and Dam last Saturday night. Well really early early Sunday morning - I got there about 2 am. They were actually running some current and the fish were biting. I caught about 10 between 1 and 5 #. Then I had one that almost yanked my pole out of the boat. Fought it for 30 min. and finally got it to the side of the boat. I lost my net on my last fishing trip, so I tried to pull him up and in with the line and just as I got him out of the water, my leader broke.:angry: This was by far the biggest catfish I have ever caught on rod and reel. I estimated him to be 17-20#. Sure wish i could have got him in the boat. Anyways it sure was nice to be catching some and have some running water. I like to check that Corps of Engineers website about water flow about every day and Ive noticed that they seem to be running current for about 6 hours in the dead of night about every three days.

15. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Welcome to the BOC Randy!!!! We expect to see you at some of the gatherings. Hope you can make the national gathering.