DaveL, Catfishjohn, and others that quit smoking last fall

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Cattledogz, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Just checking in with y'all to see if you are still smoke free.

Dave, you and I are quickly approaching that one year anniversary of laying the smokes down. I hope you are still smoke free and that congratulations and Happy Anniversary are appropriate to send your way!

I still say the Chantix pills are the greatest stop smoking aid ever. I only used the first month's worth of them and have not taken so much as one puff of a cigarette since laying them down a few days after starting the Chantix.

While I am proud of myself I am more thankful than anything! Thankful to be free of that horrible habit!

Let me know how the rest of you are doing.

For those of you thinking of quitting I can say You CAN do it! And you will be glad you did!!!

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    For those of you that don't want to. Enjoy another smoke. Hack up a colorfull one and move on to another thread. LOL!

To those that have quit. I tip my hat to ya!

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Well Barb I didn't use the same thing as you to quit. I had a harder teacher My health told me one day enough is enough. That was Dec 5th 05. If I make it that far it will be 2 yrs smoke free. When people say they still enjoy the smell of the smokes after quiting they must be smelling different cigs than I am. Personally I can't stand the smell of them at all.
    Hats off to all that have quit or is trying to quit.It's tough but can be done.I did it COLD TURKEY after approx 52 years smoking. If I can do it anyone can do it.First step is You have to want to QUIT!!

4. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Quitings easy,I do it 20 times a day,its starting back up 1/2 an hour later that gets me.

Seriously,congrats,things are are worth it aren't always easy.

5. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Well Barb I must confess I had alot of stress that caused me to start back up hold on hack hack hack ahhhhhh I got it out thanks for that wonderfull reminder BG :smile2:. I am planning on starting Chantix next year since I know Ill be employeed and my job will now pay for the whole thing.

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Barb and All Congrats on quitting smoking. I'm sure it isn't easy, but doesn't it feel great to set a goal and make it happen?:big_smile:

7. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Its been 15 months for me. I did it cold turkey and did even have 1 cheating. After almost 30 years of smoking I'm amazed I quit that quick. If I can do it anyone can.

8. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages

I agree with you John. I can smell a smoke 50 feet away outdoors now and it makes me sick.

9. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Smoked from 5:30PM Thursday, November 16, 1989 to 6:30 Saturday, December 24, 2005.
    Started with Pyramid Light and ended with a Maverick Full Flavor.
    Quit cold turkey, but did go through a few bags of Horehound candy.

:004:

10. txthumper1691

txthumper1691 New Member

State:
    Temple, Tx.
    I quit smokin Jan 1 this yr. Just ran out of smokes and didnt buy any more. was tough as hell th first week, but slowly got easier. have been smoke free ever since, and loving every minute of it. W/O wakin up an "needing" that ciggarette 1st thing, instead I go outside an smell th fresh air of th country life. I now have more $$ for other things, like tools for fixing my boat, or house, new shoes for th baby, all kinds of stuff. Congratulations to any and all who have quit that nasty habit. whatever method u use to do it, stay strong u can accomplish it. Me, I ate altoids an played w/my wedding ring, that and staying busy w/yard work is what I did to stay smoke free. God Bless and good luck to all trying to quit or who have quit.