daughters wedding

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flysure1, May 10, 2009.

1. flysure1

flysure1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The wedding and reception went great yesterday, I am very gratefull that the Moose lodge District officer let us use the hall even after they had closed it, the caterers did a fantastic job in feeding over 260 people a full menu meal that I heard nothing but praise on,the soloist's backround music cd would not play on the church's sound system so she did it without it and was amazing,I could have not asked for things to go any better, I have to believe there was a higher power lending a hand!

2. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    I'm glad it all worked out to be a grand affair, Rod, I know you were worried to death about that reception, and I know you are probably glad it's done! LOL! Even the happiest of times can stress us out!

I'm sure it was a day to remember!

3. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    That's awesome Rod! I'm happy for you and your family!

4. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Rod, glad everything worked out great!

We went through one last year in TX at our granddaughters wedding. Wife and I help decorate the reception area and it turned out to be a job. My first formal wedding in my life, so it was an experience.

5. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Your Blessed Man, glad to hear everything was great for everone!

6. flysure1

flysure1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks guys for the replies, my wife deserves a lot of credit for making this work, she and my sister should do this for a living! I helped with the decorating and clean-up, they worked for months on this, there were 7 brides maids/ groomsmen plus ring bearer, flower girl. Untill you have done one of these it is hard to imagine the details involved---also the dollar amount, we never skimped but the wife and my sister saved a lot by doing stuff themselves, they together made all the bridesmaids dresses, they also made most of the flower arangements/table favors and mints, it was a great group effort, the couple left for a short honeymoon in Chicago today. My wife is beat and relieved it is over and went well. I got a pretty stand-up son in law also.