Daughter's First Catfish

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Fishgeek, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    I had a great Father's Day today...my present was taking my daughter (8yr old) fishing for the night. I was hoping to get on some flatties but had trouble getting bait & I wasn't patient enough to put the time in. So, we headed to the river with crawlers & stinkbait and fished until about 10pm. The action was a little slow but eventually the channels started hitting. Sonny's Super Sticky put 6 channels in the boat for us. The girl was pretty happy...especially since her brother hasn't caught a catfish yet this year!

I wish I had pics but I'm being a cheap-skate & seeing how long I can hold off buying a new digital camera. (I ruined my old one by leaving it in my tackle bag for way to long & the mositure killed it. The Mrs was not happy!)

I really wish I would have taken some more time to get bait b/c we found a pretty nice hole that surely housed some flats.

2. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Just little guys. Nice eating ones (although we didn't keep any) about 13-14 inches. They still have their juvenile spots on them.

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    And I bet she lets him know every chance she gets. LOL! Great stuff.

4. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Maybe...I know I have used Catfish Charlie's Shad "flavored" bait. Has worked pretty good for me. Sonny's was the deal tonight though!

5. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Well happy late fathers day Matt, sounds like you two had a blast, it's always great to see a child catch thier first fish!!!!

6. DANNYfrmINDY

DANNYfrmINDY New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Indiana
    Awesome Fathers day Matt. Tell the young lady congrats from all of us.