daughters and daddy fishing today

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by dinger66, Nov 21, 2009.

1. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    well everyone my oldest daughter learned the meaning of that word today . she has been fishing with me for a while ,but today she did it all on her own baiting casting and setting the hook ! well she set the hook and in a few secounds i heard daddy help!!!!! so i went to her and she had done it she hooked a good one! i took the rod just a secound and felt what she had ,all i could feel was this fish shakeing his tring to spit the hook and hand it back to her and said its all you baby. she pulled and reeled like a pro till all at once the line went limp . she learn what it is like to be heart sick . she almost cried she has boated a 15# before , i am sure this fish was in the 20# plus range . i am very proud of her she did good. and one of my twins baited her hook and fished by herself and caught her first catfish today . so i am a proud daddy today!!!

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    What a wonderful post,as a parent myself, I am always thrilled to hear of parents and their kids out fishing together. It's a chance to make wonderful family memories. Way to go!!!:big_smile:

3. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    I bet you and your kids will always treasure the memories you made today!Reps for the great post!

4. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Derric way to go ,that is the best time you will ever spend fishing, with your children ,:cool2:

5. pabloracer4748

pabloracer4748 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Thats a sad story. Wish she would've got that 20 lber!:sad2:

6. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    fishing with family always rocks.tell her old pits says get up and get going shes gonna get him yet.

7. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Man I feel you brother,,
    About a yr ago me and Alison "11 at the time" where brim fishing below chick dam and they where hitting good, right at dark she hooked one that she could not budge, well me I thought great she has a big drum and after a few min it would roll to the top,,Wrong,,,She was using a U/L spinning rig with 6lb test line and a little crappie jig tied on,,, anyway, after it just about spooled her several times and just keeping pressure on it "Man was I proud how well she did" we started to finally gain ground to the point there was a single small slime ball comming up on line, Its close but could not see it , oh and now its compleatly dark,and the fight has been going on for over a HR:crazy: "I would have broke it off a long time ago pushing it to hard"

Then it happened and it was all over,, the knot on that light line gave up from the pressure, after one hr and ten min,, heart broken,, and really proud of her,,, was all I could say,, Figure it to be a blue in the area of 30-45lbs, she cried and learned what the rest of us know...

Congrats man thats one trip she will never forget,,,
    Puddle

Attached Files:

8. Tool958

Tool958 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Those are the times you'll always remember. I guarantee she'll never forget it. I always like to hear parents taking their kids fishing. It's the best sport in the world to keep them occupied and learn the outdoors. They are the children that will grow up and have the values and respect that is so lacking in society today. Thanks for the wonderful story! It brings back a lot of memories for me.

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Sounds like 1 heck of an outing. Get her right back out there to that spot.
    That big brute is still out there so just maybe she can hook it and then you can tell the rest of the story along with the pictures.
    The main thing is the great memories that was made that day.That is better than any fish caught.Con grads to her for fighting a good battle and not giving up .And to dad for letting her fight the battle on her own. W.T.G. Now go get that big fish of hers.

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Tell her congrats from me any way,I have been there as well. Took my daughter out for some plug chunkin one time. Katy hung a huge bass on her lil zebco combo,faught it for a good 5 min.The bass jumped completely out of the water and she just couldnt manage to keep it from throwing the hook. She still talks about that fish .

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats to your daughter. There is nothing like family outings. Always make for interesting stories when the snow is falling.