Datelines "to catch a predator 3"

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by wpsatisfide, Feb 6, 2006.

1. wpsatisfide

wpsatisfide New Member

State:
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Saw this the other night and it just made me sick. I knew this stuff had to be happening but this blew my mind. All of these guys were just average looking people, and from all walks of life. Teacher, preacher, and a investigator with homeland security!

Many of them had previous convictions and were let back out. In my opinion if you do something like this it should be a mandatory felony and you should spend a long time in prison.

Im sure it will be replayed somewhere if you missed it and its defintely worth watching. Dont understand what in the world makes people like this. I mean what in the hell could make you want to do that to a 12-13 year old. Should castrate them before sending them to prison imo. Okay venting is now over

2. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    It's nuts aint it! I saw both the other ones! I am glad to see them sending these wierdos to jail! They (dateline) said that within minutes of logging on they had 40 or some guys hitting on the decoy! Sick!

3. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    My daughter turned 14 Feb.3 and she's not allowed on the Internet unless I'm sitting with her. She's not allowed to go to any "Chat type things" for safety reasons. We watched the program also, we've seen the first two also.

4. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
  5. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    I couldn't agree more with you 3 on this.

6. wpsatisfide

wpsatisfide New Member

State:
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Like Philip I think everyone should check for offenders in their neighborhoods/cities. Im a realtor and although I cant tell clients about known offenders, I always urge anyone with children or young enough that they may still have them to check the registry before they consider purchasing a piece of property.

7. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    yep i get sick of these pervs here is a link for people in california to find out who is in thier neighborhood and its free. found out there this that a new member in our rc club was a registered sex offender he was refunded his money and asked not to come back and reported to police for a violation of his parole which is not alowed to be near children.

http://meganslaw.ca.gov/

8. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Yes there are some really sick people out there and I don't think I could handle anything happening to my daughter. My Ex-wife has enough troublsome people around as is so I watch her every move. I told my daughter if anybody ever bothers her to tell me even if they claim they will kill us. She know with all the weapons around our house that she is pretty much safe here plus I've been teaching her how to shoot. My doubts are on anybody getting in our house because of the 8 dachshunds we have roaming free here but if they do I wanted to be sure her and my wife could defend themselves from the intruders.

I can't say what she does online at school but I know ever move here.

I keep a check on the sex offenders myself.

9. wpsatisfide

wpsatisfide New Member

State:
    Pawleys Island, SC
    I guess when you have children you can never let your guard down and will always have to worry. Like my mom said, you may hate it now but you will understand one day and do the same thing. Dont have children (yet) but I know mom was right. Come to think of it mom was always right

10. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah it makes me sick! I dont even use the internet for anything except the BOC and a couple other fishing websites. Really got to be careful, there are alot of weirdos out there!

11. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Hi Zakk, I'm a uhmmm, 17 Y.O girl, and I uhmmm , lol, uhmmm.....

You are right, there are all sorts of sicko's in this world.

Unfortunetly, some are on that list that shouldn't be. There is a guy I went to school with who is on that list for having sex with a minor, 2 days before she was 18. Her parents found out, and and turned him in. He spent 6months in Jail, and is labled for life. By the way, the two of them got married, and after 10 years have three kids.

Ray

12. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    the real questiong there is was he already 18? if so not much can be done about it. i agree there are a few that shouldnt be very few. but for that guy you went to school with if he was already 18 he should of waited 2 more days.

13. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    rain there is a couple instances i know of that are basically the same
    an 18 year old boy still in highschool (heldback a year) dated and
    had relations with a girl a bit younger and that was all it took
    the parents or authorities to press charges ,but like you said
    i seen the one guysname on the local list and i know he isnt really a perv but others wont know that if they just happen upon the list and not know
    the details. kinda unfair in some instances like those.
    in cases were the adult was actually a preditor jail or prison is not the
    solution.
    there is a sexual predator within a block of my house and was in prison for quite some time and a neighbor told us (hearsay) that he well lets just say he is very attracted to our 15 yr old neighbor girl !!!!:mad:

now what did the several years in the joint do for his desires????
    and girls aint the only victems of these animals.

the sucky part about it is after the so called sentence and punishment
    they are let back out to live in society right beside you or i that have children. thats the scarey part to know they are just a few yards away.

14. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    You look like a 17yr old girl....LOL:rolleyes:

15. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    BBBBUUURRRNNN

hahahahahaha he got you good then heeheehee

16. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    LOL....I had to get him back for particapating in that whole "Boyband thread".....LOL....I'm glad that thread is dieing now...lol:rolleyes:

17. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

You are right, unfortunetly he was 18 at the time. But it is a shame. That 6 months killed him, and now it's difficult for him to provide for his family due to hiring practices of some companies, after he lost his job of 8 years.

Ray

18. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    18 is 18,even if Mom says it's ok she's almost 18. Almost 18 is still under age any way you look at it.

19. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    the thing about this guy that i know is the two( kids ) were in high school together i think there should have been some kind of a compromise here its not like he was a grown up trying to date a high school girl .
    just a tough break thats all

20. Rockjumper

Rockjumper New Member

State:
    Parker,Pennsylvania
    I watched with sick feeling. What got me was the repeat affenders. Terrible, but so true of the scum that lurks among us.