Date night on the Grand

Discussion in 'MICHIGAN RIVERS TALK' started by RiverKat, Apr 29, 2006.

1. RiverKat

RiverKat New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Took my wife out on the river tonight. She likes to fish and had not been in our new boat yet. We fished from 6:00pm untill dark and got into a dozen fish. The first fish hit before I could get all the rods in, a ten pound Channel cat. Most fish were in the 5-8lb class with one other weighing near 12. Check out the whiskers on that fish!!! I did'nt notice them when I caught the fish but the whiskers look HUGE.

Dan

Attached Files:

2. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    You're a lucky man Dan! Any one who has a wife that likes to fish is a lucky man. Keep her fishing and you'll stay together forever.
    Sparky

3. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Great fishing Dan, and getting the wife into it is a great thing as Sparky said! Keep catching them man...hey do you ever fish exclusively for flatheads, or do you just catch them while you're fishing for channels?

4. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    That fish is a regular Foo Man Chu. lol Nice fish. Glad you and the wife had a great time.

5. jspiel

jspiel New Member

State:
    comstock park michigan
    Great fish riverkat.....and a wife that likes to fish...man, you got it all......

hey guys-i think we may have found a good host for a trip on the grand. what do you say Dan. would you like to host a bunch of catmen from around the state? good food, good friends, old and new, and a few laughs ta boot. You obviously know the river much beter than i do.

how bout July on the grand guys.

6. RiverKat

RiverKat New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Yes I do fish exclusively for Flats sometimes. As soon as the tremendous pre-spawn fishing for Channels ends, around the 1st of June, I switch to night time fishing with live baits. I'll also run some cut bait at night too, and occasionally get Flatheads on it.I catch some really nice Channels at night on live baits too. Here's a Flathead from last July taken at night on cutbait.

Dan

Attached Files:

7. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Grand River Valley, Weste
    Those pictures weren't taken near Bear Creek, were they? Looks familiar..

8. RiverKat

RiverKat New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Where is Bear Creek? Can't say as I've ever heard of it.

9. davesoutfishing

davesoutfishing New Member

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    I was up at tippy dam last fall man what a blast it was fising for salmon dont know about cats up their but if they are like the salmon.....hangon to your rods tight lol

10. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Grand River Valley, Weste
    It's upstream a ways from the West River Drive access ramp. There's a hole there, but not a good one. I just wondered because it looks familiar.
    Nice fish!
    Tony

11. Dave200518

Dave200518 New Member

State:
    Ashley, Michigan
    where at on the grand are you guys fishing. I want to take a buddy of mine down and get into some nice cats in there this summer.
    Congrats on the cats brother.