Darwin's Theory - Survival of the Fittest

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by AwShucks, Aug 29, 2007.

1. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Sure would appreciate you all keeping that in mind and don't do anything stupid on the lake or river, especially this labor day weekend. Seems there are always fools out there and the sad part is the fool could harm the decent guys and gals. So, just watch out for those fools.

2. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I hate to say it but keep the drinking in the camp. Nobody wants to kill anybody, or get a DUI. Keep it safe and have fun.:smile2:

3. keithcatfish

keithcatfish New Member

State:
    Maryville, TN
    I only fish at night on weekends and holidays. Morons with ocean liners shamelessly make 5 foot wakes within casting distance of your boat around here.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Lawrence that is some good advice. Safety First.:0a31::0a27::0a27:

5. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.
  6. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Lawrence: If I have my thong on backwards, totally sober (highly unlikely) on the beach Sunday and some girl looks at me with lust in her eyes and I haven't been looking should I look back and smile or should I pretend like I am married and totally ignore her? Héloise would not answer this for me. Ask Angelkitty and have a conference over this. Tell me before she stops looking. John.

P.S. My wife is no problem she is in Chicago and she thinks I am fishing.

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    If your at the beach with your thong on backwards and some girls look at you with lust in their eyes... run... they are a bunch of perverts. LOL

8. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    I was looking back through the archives for something. And my name popped up in this thread. Now I see why. John, you and AwShucks ain't right. :smile2: I would suggest you look back and nod with a smile. But if conversation started and if she was hitting on you, Then you let it be known that you are married. Does that answer your question? :roll_eyes: It is my answer. Sorry so late on the reply.:smile2::tounge_out:

9. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Wew, thought I was having a "flashback", then realized it was just John, with a thong in his heart and a prayer on his lips; an echo of past nights.

10. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Here we go shucks and beetle.......EVERYONE DUCK:after_boom:

11. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Trisha, Awshuckins and I, PostmoronBeetle worked that out long ago. He lent me his green T-shirt to hide my Thongy thingy. That thus averted the lustful eyes of those women and they just thought I was another catfisherman on that Holiday beach.

There was however a problem. Do not know how it got resolved. When Awshuckins gave me his T-shirt it of course exposed his manly profile. The last I saw he was walking down the beach with several girls following him and giggling and jiggling. Awshuckins had a smile on his face and his cap turned sideways. Didn't see any Ugly-Stick in his hand.

You will have to check with him. He probably won't remember.

12. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    John he wasn't in your medication was he? or your refridgerator:big_smile_2::dribble::dribble::feel_good:

13. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Somehow, I'm loosing something with that picture. lOL

14. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    :smile2::smile2::smile2: Thanks for the laugh. You two are something else. :roll_eyes::tounge_out::wink:

15. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    I was starting to think the same thing. :eek:oooh::big_smile:

16. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    In the land of the uncouth, it remains for the COUTH Control Officer to reassert some measure of respectability to the proceedings.Since this post is currently vacant here on the BOC I will make a small effort to fulfill the duties thereof.First Darwins theory was not of ;"Survival of the Fittest".His theory was "Natural Selection".Survival Of the Fittest was a phrase used by British economist Herbert Spencer is his 1864 treastise PRINCIPALS OF BIOLOGY.Darwin gave Spencer full credit for the phrase in the 1869 edition of On Origin Of The Species,the first edition it is seen in Darwins work.Evidently both Darwin and Spencer were incorrect if we have members running around on beaches with their thongs on backwards :big_smile::wink::smile2:possibly the natural predator that would eliminate the genetically defective specimens mentioned above,perished with the dinosaurs.Much the pity.One should keep in mind that there are small children that do read these posts and their little stomachs are extrememly sensitive.:smile2::tounge_out::roll_eyes::cool2::crazy:Simply substituting the word SPEEDO for thong would have been more couth though no less digusting.I knew when Big George started this whole thing of men in their underwear that we would lose the gentile tranquility that has been the hallmark of the BOC.How sad!!!!!!:big_smile::smile2:

17. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Would you like one or two crumpets with your tea Mr Jim? Barbarians at the Gate will play at the 1st matinée. I think Awshuckins was in actuality heading for the library to research Darwin. He was going to recruit those gals to turn the pages for him, his fingers had stinkbait on them. I still have his T-shirt by the way.

I totally agree about "Train Wreck", just no place on this well demeanored, exquisitely mannered forum for that kind of stuff. Before long we will be talking about skinning catfish alive and making jokes about our High School pictures

18. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Perish the thought and dont you dare bring up those subjects.We MUST elect a COUTH Control Officer soon as the MODS have lost their grip, Hopefully you didnt suffer any debilitating sunburn on exposed parts!!!:big_smile::smile2:I am really miffed that I wasnt consulted as to the plethora of nubile maidens running about on your beach.That IS something for the CCO to handle HEHEHEHEHEHE.:smile2:

19. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I have two explanations on why people are so stupid. One is darwinian and the other is theological (which is going to send me to hell).

Darwinian- only part of humanity is evolving, the rest is just along for a free ride. This may be traced to the fact that we have almost conquered the forces that make man evolve. we've cured or vaccinated against most (not all) of the bad diseases and pretty much killed off our predators. So whats pushing us to evolve positively? In essence many can be deevolving or branching off the wrong way. I consider stupid people dying of stupid mistakes, evolutions way of trying to keep us on the right path and have no pity for those people. do something dumb or illegal, dont complain about the consequences. its only sad when the dumb take the innocent out with them when they go.

Theological-(queue pitchfork and eternal fire) God created man, then from same genetic stock created eve which propogated the world (thats alot of inbreeding) then the floods came and wiped out the majority of the gene pool severly limiting the already inbred population and causing more inbreeding to repopulate.

So its either evolution or Gods fault we're so dumb.

20. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Scott please accept my humble and heartfelt apology.I tried Lord knows I tried!!!!!:smile2:I even went on to other pages and hid my mouse in a drawer but in the end I just cant resist.Would your dual theories when meshed together then becomes DAWINS Theory of Evolution????? :smile2::big_smile:Or perhaps a DAWINISN!!!!! Sorry; if you are going to be the straight man I have to be the commedian.:wink::roll_eyes:DARWIN also had dual theories and blended them for the sake of paying tribute to religious pressure.He felt that the creator did create man but he did it by evolution,not in the biblical sense of 7days.Survival of the Dumbest.Hmmmmmmmm