Darwin ferry section of Wabash River this weekend

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by hdfatboy29, Aug 12, 2007.

1. hdfatboy29

hdfatboy29 New Member

State:
    indiana
    well guys it looked great tons and tons of cover for cats and some nice sized holes but we only caught white perch . we took my home made stink bait and gills and chubs and shiners and crawls we used every thing in the boat to try to hook something if the river gets up it should be really good down there there,s no commercial nets down there anywhere and only a few boats tied up for locals i hope this helps anyone

2. fcrnnngbck25

fcrnnngbck25 New Member

State:
    Lafayette, Indi
    Hopefully the wabash rises a little, thats when i seem to have my best luck so far this year. Hopefully next time you go out as well you'll get you some nice cats :tounge_out:

3. hdfatboy29

hdfatboy29 New Member

State:
    indiana
    yeah if the rive gets up for a couple of days and more cats move in and up we should have some great days ahead . i,m thinkin about hitting the ohio river this weekend if it interest anyone maybe cannelton dam and lock area i,ve heard it,s good around there??

4. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    Where is the Darwin Ferry area? Thanks!

5. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Eric,
    it's south of Terre Haute.
    Mapquest Darwin, Illinois...W

6. hdfatboy29

hdfatboy29 New Member

State:
    indiana
    i dont know how to get to it from the darwin side but from the indiana side take 63 south to bowden road it,s like 16 or 17 miles from terre haute and turn right it,s the only way take it to the gravel road stay on gravel all the way to the 1st intersection hang left then to the 2nd intersection stay right then right to the ferry it,s a gravel ramp and the ferry always stays on the darwin side it,s not bad to launch from and it doesnt drop off fast

7. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    Thanks guys! Good info is always appreciated!