Darrell in Iraq

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by Itch2Scratch, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    I REALLY messed this up on another thread, I plead exhaustion but wanted to get this message across. I thought of sending a PM..but I know there are others in the military that might read this also, so its posted here. I hope you don't mind.

I know you will find this hard to believe but believe it. As I was laying in bed tonight tossing and turning I actually thought of YOU, you and all of those who serve with you around the world. I thought back to my days in the service and how so alone you could feel at times away from those you love and in a country with a different culture. I thought of that one lone pin I saw on the map sticking in Iraq. I got up and signed on to BOC and here is a post from you so I felt inclined to write this. I want you and everyone who is serving to know that you ARE in our thoughts and prayers back here even though you are far away. Keep the sand out of your ears and your a** covered, there are fish to be caught when ya get back. Just know that we are all proud of you and support you. If ya ever need a fishin hole I am next door in Missouri at Lake of the Ozarks, just come on over Bro.

2. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Ken, Great Post Bro. If you don't mind, I'd like to 2nd that thought.

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Excellent post, Ken! God Bless the USA and the service men and women that protect her.

4. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    You are right about feeling alone in a new country and culture. This is my second trip here and the feelings are the same. My wife is also a military member who has a tougher job than I do and deserves more credit than I. She is raising my sons, a 6 year old and a 6 month old, by herself. I was mobilized the first time and volunteered to come back for the second. We appreciate your kind words and support. I can tell you that I have seen several soldiers come into my area of operations banged up pretty good. These are guys that are the hero's. Some are not going to be the same when they get home and that is going to be the challenge of their life.

I can tell you that I came back so that someone else did not have to go. My wife supported it and my oldest understands the way a 6 year old can.

I did not have the time to continue to be active in the site when I came over the first time and I missed it. When I came back home I did not make time. This deployment is totally different and I told myself that I was going to make time for me and my fishing friends. It is a great source of support when you can make a connection with people, with the same interests you have, back home.

Ken, I go to Missouri all of the time. I especially like to go to Bennett Springs and trout fish with my son. We also take time out to attend a Cardinals series also. When I get back I would especially enjoy meeting you with my son. That would be so great. My son would be tickled pink. I am going to buy a travel trailer when I get home and do alot of camping with him in Missouri. You are very kind to extend an invitation...Thank you.

You guys are the greatest! :crying:

MAJ D :007: in Baghdad

5. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Ken, you are what makes this the greatest place in the world.

Ray

6. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    Ken, take care of yourself. I know my family prayes for you guys everyday! I'm really proud of guys! God bless the USA!

7. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Darrell, I hope more of your fellow service bro's and sis's can see fit to join us here at BOC. I am sure we can provide a humorous distraction and I would love to see them put their pins in the map so we know your not alone. Stay safe over there bud.

8. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Darryll, Thanks from an old solider. You carry the flame we no longer can.
    Tell your guys, "you are not alone. We think and pray for you all the time. You are not forgotten, you are not a thing that is a "fad". to be thought about only when it is correct. You are one of the many reasons we have such great freedoms to enjoy. Me and my family saiod a special prayer for all you guys at the stroke of midnight,new years eve. God bless you and all you do,for us, some of which do not deserve your sacrifices"

9. e5catfish

e5catfish New Member

State:
    Smilax, KY
    Darryll, I served in the Marine Corps in Desert Storm. I know where you're coming from. It is a lonely place. If you're like me, I still thought about fishin all the time and even stopped by the boat dealer on the way home before I even saw my kids. Freedom isn't free! Somebodys got to be over there doing what you're doing. Just remember, like I tell everybody else, we didn't start this! They brought the fight to us! On our turf! And now we're gonna do what has to be done. You guys keep up the good work and stay as safe as you can. If you need anything, let me know. The people back home supported me when I was over there and now it's my turn. I'm here for ya!

Bobby

10. the_nis

the_nis Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Ken, great post buddy!

Darrell, words can't express the constant appreciation and admiration that I have for you and your fellow soldiers fighting for the freedom of others. Hurry back safe bro!

11. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah man great post! Thank's to all the soldiers!:)

12. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We wouldnt have our Freedoms if it wasnt for men like yourself (and women like you wife). Be Strong, Be Safe. I am proud for men & women such as yourself. I they are only two very small words, but THANK YOU.