Darn snow!

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Believer, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I put in for a vacation day for today so I could go deer hunting, but we got too much snow to be able to get out this morning. Even with 6, 70# sand bags in the bed of my truck I don't think I could've even gotten down my street in a 2 wheel drive ranger, so getting to my hunting area was out! :crazy:
    Maybe i'll get out this afternoon. I hope so because I think the weekend is gonna be a tough one at work. I work for Coca Cola as a fountain/vending machine repairman and noone is working today because of the weather and i'm on call. :eek:oooh:

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    All we got is a few slick roads where we live in Missouri.We must of got just the tailend of everything but man that wind yesterday was so cold it would almost cut ya in half! Have a great day Believer!:big_smile:

3. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    hunting in the snow is great if you can bare the temps , personally i love it throw on my coveralls throw some painter whites on over top of them throw on a good ski mask and a gallon paint strainer over that and a pair of white gloves grab the bow and hit the woods set out with the wind in my face and walk slow watching ahead take the binoc's search the valleys and cider thickets deer will find cover out of the wind search the ground for fresh tracks and stalk the deer in hopes of getting a good kill shot with in range

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Hey Eric(Believer) just how much did you all get in Quincy?We got right at 12-14",drifts 4ft. I can't even get out of my driveway. Ba Hum Bug. I hate winter and I sure hate this snow. Bad thing is we got about 3" of sleet underneath it. County came by and bladed a path down the road ,problem is I can't even get to the main road. Oh well guess I'm stuck at home.:sad2:
    I HATE IT!!

5. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I feel for you Bro!

6. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    We got about 12 inches of snow here,15 miles from quincy il.didnt get our road plowed out till noon.alot of ice under the snow.be carfull out there.

7. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I wish I could get some snow during hunting season! I love hunting in the snow but that rarely happens here. I did happen several years ago and the deer "yarded up". I was able to sneak within 25 yards of 20-25 deer and just take my pick. Happiness is a warm gut pile!

8. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    Dude, bummer. I hope ya get out and get one. Maybe the snow will melt enough to go. Good luck

9. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Hope you got to go and get one

10. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    We got hit pretty hard in Macomb, bad enough they closed WIU and that never happens. I still had to go to work, but even now that roads still have a lot of ice on them. I'm glad I filled both my tags first season.

11. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I'd say we got about 9" of snow on top of the sleet. Snow plows only worked on the emergency routes until around noon. In fact we finally had a snow plow come down our street at 6 pm!

I did get out this afternoon to hunt, but didn't see anything. Actually, I didn't even see any tracks.
    I didn't mean to give the impression that I don't like hunting in the snow, I do. I only meant that we had too much to safely get out. :lol:

Eric

12. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    yes that sucks with this cold front coming in the deer should be moving good im heading out in the morning its going to be cold but hope the deer are out an moving good