Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy is coming from WA for a visit in 2 weeks and I'm looking for something he ain't used to doing...and snagging at Dardanelle fits the bill. I'm hoping to get him into some Asian carp and then use them for bait to get him into a decent cat. I've only been there once in the spring, so I don't know what to expect fish wise this time of year. Any info or tips would be greatly appreciated

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So we ended up going to wilbur d mills. The water was down and there was so many turtles around I couldn't keep bait in the water so no cats there for us. My buddy got to go to town on snagging Asian carp til his arms were dead. Kept a few of them for cut bait this winter (roughly 32lbs of filleted bait 馃槀). We ran around a few lakes and rivers trying to get him his first cat. Found some biters out at storm creek lake. Missed a lot of fish cause they were being really finicky but he got a pair of blues just under 20lbs. Kept one for a fish fry tonight and released the other. Fishing wasn't as good as I was hoping but we had a good time, so I can't complain too much 馃槀

Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
They been generating in the late afternoon in the heat...other than that no current in the river

Registered
We were at merrisach last weekend. Fished the white and Mississippi. Lots of good eaters 3 to 5lbers with a couple of teenagers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts