Darby Creek

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Mathersm, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Mathersm

Mathersm New Member

State:
    Darbydale, Ohio
    Just wondering if anyone in here ever fishes Big Darby Creek. I live less than a mile from it and fished it quite a bit this year for cats. I'll admit most of my fishing on the creek is for Smallies as I recently got into catfishing. I have yet to catch me a flathead and was wondering if anyone knew a good place to try for them on the Darby. I did catch several channels this year. If anyone has any advice on catting in there id appreciate it.

2. Mathersm

Mathersm New Member

State:
    Darbydale, Ohio
    Has anyone ever fished the Darby Creek. I see some people have viewed this post but no replies.

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    LOL Ive viewed to see if anyone that has fished has some info

4. Mathersm

Mathersm New Member

State:
    Darbydale, Ohio
    Ive caught quite a few eating sized channels this year and the Darby is still my favorite water to fish. I spend most of my summer DAYS fishing the Darby for smallies, yes I said it Smallmouth bass. Heck I could trade a million good Smallmouth spots for one good cat hole. I have even caught my biggest largemouth out of this creek. At barely over 8 lbs I have yet to come close.

5. RIVERRUNT

RIVERRUNT New Member

State:
    reynoldsburg ohio
    Hey Matt i havent fished darby creek to much but a guy my dad worked with brought pics of big flatheads to work all the time to show him and he said he caught them near Orient i think its off 62.He caught em on banklines with chubs.I used to fish kokosing river alot between homer and gambier for smallies.I read in another thread that you used hardcraws, thats all i ever used except in fall i use sucker minnows.Theres some good smallie rivers over in indiana near richmond my cousin lives over there and i fish with him when i can.If you ever want to fish alum creek ill have my pontoon over there in spring and we can hook up.

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I would think ther MUST be flats in there, but I dont hear of many. I dont live close to it (live on the border of Dayton) but the Darby is a great looking area.

7. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The Darby has been hit hard for the past several year by flathead anglers, I know I work with alot of them....The first couple years they caught quite a few decent fish, and now they are complaing the cant find any in the darby...However they sold all there catches to paylakes, which I would imagine is why they cant find them anymore. If you remove alot of bigfish from a small waterit has to have a negative effect on the fishery:mad:

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Year A = Lots of Flats Taken Out (wheter to eat or to sell
    Year B = Fewer Flats Caught, but still taken out
    Year C = No Flats & the same "fishermen" wonder why there are no Flats :cursing:

It's not rocket science. :confused:

9. Mathersm

Mathersm New Member

State:
    Darbydale, Ohio
    I talked to a guy this weekend that swears he caught a 65# flattie last weekend. I don't know if he is telling the truth or not. I know there are flatties in there, I just cant find em.