DANZIG gets a new toy.

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by DANZIG, Dec 28, 2007.

1. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Price was too good to resist. I scored a 12 ft V bottom, trailer, and 4 hp Mercury. Runs, Floats, Rolls.

I have enough boats so I was thinking of a little "value added" and then turn it for a profit.

She's pretty much bare bones now. I figure, paint the trailer and the hull for starters.
    What might you think I could do quickly and inexpensively to bring the value up?

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Shine it up, rewire the trailer if older, tires, paint trailer? floor? seats? Like ya said keep it simple and quick....good luck

3. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    lets see now.... you want us to respond to your already acknowledged, "score" for the purchase price, of this boat that runs, floats,rolls, with a mercury 4ph motor, and want us to quickly bring the value of this "floating piece of rolling mercury to some profit for you......

try a raffel.... I'd give you $5.00 on a chance ..... if you paythe freight to Lost Angles....

bayrunner ray

4. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    :wink:
    She'll go for a profit as is, I'd keep her myself but I already have a little one and I have a Bass type boat which needs much work which is where the profit will go. The more I can squeek out, the more work gets done on the BB.

Just a little capitalism. Nothing wrong with a fair value profit is there?

A good many folks can't, or do not have the time to do upgrades.
    Think of it as an episode of "flip this boat".

5. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Nothing wrong with turning a little profit!

I agree, clean/shine her up best you can, tighten any loose rivets etc, shoot some paint on the trailer, service bearings etc and turn it around.

Congrats on a good find!:big_smile:

6. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    She was delivered today.
    On a quick look over, no real problems at all. I was out on this boat early last spring. Three up, with the river running high, No leaks.
    Since then she has had,(got her from a bud) that I know of, bearings repacked, new tires, new fuel pump diaphragm, new impeller, new lower unit grease, new fuel line, new wooden seats.

Some new winch line, work on the surface rust on the winch, stain and seal the wood, and replace one tail light and she is 100% Galvanized trailer will look good with a bit of scrubbing.

Bit more sea worthy than my 10 ft Jon, I may have to keep her till the BB is up.

I can rig her quickly to take the nav lights and depth finder with the left overs I used for the Jon.

MMmmm.. Can a man really have too many boats?????

7. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Nope.:big_smile:

8. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    I agree, Nope. Later Andy